Chapter Thirteen - The Past, Present, & Future

Boun's Point of View

18 Weeks Pregnant

I was overwhelmed with excitement as I watched my tiny little baby completely formed and moving around in continuous motion, so alive and astoundingly perfect.

Prem stared at the screen with me in utter awe, watching a little thumb pop into his/her tiny mouth for a suckle.

"Daddies, meet your future daughter." The technician revealed.

"Our daughter..." I heard Prem whisper, his hand tightening with my own.

"She's perfect." I sniffled no longer able to hold back my happy tears.

My eyes floated over to Waan as she stared at the screen slightly confused.

"What are you thinking, nóng săao?" Prem asked her.

Waan looked at her brother, then at me for a moment. Tilting her head to one side, very quietly she said, "I'm so happy for you guys...but, where's her vagina? All I see is gray and black."

Trying not to laugh Prem pointed to the obvious sign on the screen that our baby was in fact a girl. She leaned a little closer and squinted her eyes a bit.

"That doesn't look like a vagina to me," She shook her head, "and I should know because I have one."

"Well what does it look like to you?" I asked.

"Like the buns and patty of a hamburger." 

Prem and I both laughed, as the technician tried desperately to remain professional but failed miserably and joined in.

We launched into nesting mode after that and started buying baby clothes and working on the nursery.

"Boun look!" Prem excitedly showed me a sample swatch, "I found the perfect color for the curtains, that I want to put in Beam's nursery!"

I barely looked at the material, my eyes were focused on the man who profoundly changed my life. This is exactly how I wanted it to be. Having a child with someone I love and having moments like this.