Chapter 6

A/N: yeah... I have no sense of commitment. But it's not like anyone even reads this story. Show me that you do by voting and commenting and fanning me! I fan back.

......................................................................

...the air around me seemed bright and fresh. The fall temperatures were perfect for taking a walk. But I felt a little squeamish, a bad feeling in my stomach. I brushed it off, mistaking it for a little stomach bug.

Perhaps taking a walk close to evening time wasn't such a great idea, especially with that incident a few days ago.

I walked toward the park, wanting to swing on the swings. A few days ago, a young woman had been robbed on the streets. But I supposed it wasn't too big of a deal, so I took a walk anyway.

Finally, I plopped down on the swings and rocked back and forth. 

Today had been good, but busy. All I wanted to do was relax in the beautiful fall weather.  

Clearly that wasn't going to happen.

A chill ran down my spine. I got up shakily. My heart pounded as I took a few cautious steps back.

"Ahh!" I shouted. I had bumped into something, or rather someone, behind me.

Turning around, I realized it was a buff man that looked very intimidating. I whimpered, and he smirked at me. "Come on out boys, we got lucky, she looks real good; best  I've seen yet." His eyes raked over me hungrily. He reached out and ran his hand down my arm. I shivered in disgust. I was panicking on the inside. I knew what they wanted to do to me and I certainly did not want it to happen.

"Stop!" I cried. "I don't have any money!" I knew this wasn't what they wanted, but I gave it a shot.

Someone behind me sneered. "You think that's all we want? Your petty cash? We want your parents' company, and we want you." He pinched my a$s, hard. I cried out in pain.

"Shut up!" Someone else hissed. He kicked me in the leg and I fell to the ground. "From now on you don't speak, you listen to us and do as we say."

I whimpered.

The man who appeared to be the boss slapped me painfully. "What did we just say?"

I screamed. It hurt so bad. Why wasn't there anybody else around?

.

Now I was on the dirty floor of a basement, begging for them not to rape me.

"You dirty, filthy brat," the boss sneered. All the men advanced toward me as i backed into the wall of the cold and blood-stained cement, whimpering.

.

I felt sick and vile, and i could hardly move. I wanted to die.

"Listen up, b!tch," the boss grabbed me by the neck and threw me against the wall. My head spun. "You will give your parents' PIN number to me now. One word of any of this to anyone, and we will know. We will kill your family and then you." He walked up to me and sliced a knife across my cheek.

I almost burst out crying, but at this point, I knew better. I was sure my parents would forgive me if only they knew.

I mumbled the fateful numbers. He smiled evilly and sliced the same area on my cheek. Blood poured down my face, mixing in with the tears. I slumped against the wall. Someone picked me up as my vision turned white.

Seconds later, my back hit the cold, hard concrete of the side walk. I scrambled up and stumbled down the street. I began to cross the road with spots in my eyes.

It was then that the motorcycle hit me.I screamed as the bright light attacked my eyes. The loud sound of honking crushed my eardums. Unbearable pain exploded in my legs, in my stomach, everywhere.

I screamed, covering my ears. Louder and louder, until finally, I realized it was just a dream. Or was it? A few years ago, this had happened.

The days that followed after the time in my dream were terrible. I spent them in the hospital. My injuries from the motorcycle were so severe, no one had even questioned my other ones. When my parents finally found out what I had done, it was too late. They lost their business, all thanks to me. They never forgave me, and I never forgave myself.

I huddled against the wall of the dark basement I was in. I hated basements. Chains were on my feet and hands. I closed my eyes, silent tears streaming down my face. I sat there, waiting, hoping, for death.