••🦋••

Her father had been gone for 3 days, no sign of him anywhere. Susan and her mother had been alone for days.

To Susan, her father being gone was comforting. Her mother's bruises were healing, and no new ones took their place. Things seemed to be looking up for Susan and her mom, as if her prayers for her father to disappear were answered. Until one night. Maria and Susan were on the couch, when James burst through the front door, very drunk. "Susan, go hide."

Susan nodded and ran to her room. She hid under her bed. Her father was worse when he was drunk. It was horrifying. Susan heard her mother screaming, as well as things slamming around and glass breaking. Susan became even more scared when she heard her mothers screams stop.

She tried her best to stay hidden like her mother told her, but fear got the best of her, and she ran out to see her father choking her mother. He slammed her head into the wall. He continued to slam her head into the wall, until she stopped moving. "MOM!"

James threw Maria against the wall, she was in horrible condition. She was covered in bruises, her head was bleeding from him slamming the glass bottle against it, as well as against her stomach. She was hardly breathing. "Mom..." James grabbed Susan, and he slammed her into the wall. She blacked out completely.