Chapter |3|

Your point of view:

Unknown

Hey It's Lauren..
[4:32 pm]

Can we talk.?
[4:32 pm]

What the hell could she possibly want to talk about and how the hell did she get my number?

What do you want, Lauren? I honestly don't want to talk, you didn't seem to want to when I asked you why you picked me to bully so why should we talk? How did you even get my number?
[Delivered]

The girl that Dinah is partnered with gave me your number. I can't stop thinking and I just wanted to talk to you.

Great, just great. There's nothing to talk about, unless you want to tell me why you bully me.

I do

So? Tell me.

Can we talk about it in person?

You've got to be kidding me, she asks if we can talk but wants to do it in person? Come on, she's just wasting my time at this point. But fine, I need to know why me.

Fine, but none of that not answering questions shit. I fucking hate that shit.

Okay.. meet me at Lake Davis Park.
[4:51 pm]
———

Sighing I got up off my bed and headed down the stairs then out the door, not saying see you later to my dad, as if he even noticed me leaving.

Why am I going to meet Lauren when it's almost dinner? Who knows how long she's going to take to get there, or how long she's gonna talk for.

It didn't take me very long but I got to the lake in less than ten minutes, I was going to text Lauren that I was here but I saw a familiar 5'4 brunette who was wearing dark blue jeans with some rips in them, that's how they were made. She was also wearing a white T-shirt with a black collar around the neck area.

Walking towards the bench the girl was sitting at the girl heard me approach and turned around and sighed when she realized it was me. "You came." Her husk voice sounded and I nodded my head, examining the way the sun hit her eyes but not directly in them. Her emerald green eyes were shining in the light and I was in awe.

"Do you want to walk?" I nodded my head yet again then walked in the direction Lauren started to walk in once she stood.

There was an awkward silence for a few moments before I spoke up trying to ease the tension, "If I miss dinner you're buying me some because I'm hungry and it was almost dinner time when I left."

Lauren laughed and said okay, "About the bullying thing," she stopped walking and looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers. I could tell she wanted to just get over with this topic, I did too, but I didn't realize she had anxiety. "Back I'm eighth grade, your brother was dating my best friend at the times older sister. He cheated on her and I guess the only way we thought to get back at him was through you."

"You've got to be joking," I scoffed, "The fact that you chose me to be the way to get revenge is fucked up, do you know how much emotional damage you've done to me over something that didn't even involve me? My brother and I are completely different people!" Knowing that my brother was the reason I've been bullied all these years made me mad, how could his actions end up making me get bullied.

"Y/n," Lauren reached touching my arm but I instantly moved back, "I-I wanted to have a fresh start, t-that's why I asked you if we could talk." The brunette was stuttering on and off, you could tell she knew I was about to leave and she's right, I planned on it.

"We talked, I learned what I wanted to know-" I was cut off by her for the first time today, "Why do I feel like you're never going to talk to me again?" The way her voice cracked broke my heart but I stood my ground.

"Because I don't see any reason to, no one does what you've done."

"I was young, Y/n. I wanted to stop but Camila told me that it made me seem hotter. I know that makes things worse but I was an idiot, I would've stopped but how would I have talked to you after that? That was the only way I could talk to you every day," Lauren looked frustrated, "Please don't not talk to me, I just want to be friends."

"I don't think you realize the damage you've actually done to me, I hate myself because of you. I don't even know how to love myself with you always having negative comments to say. Sure this is highschool and people get bullied but no one ever bothers to wonder what everlasting effects will live on in the victims mind." Shaking my head I put my hands in the pockets of my joggers and Lauren ran her hands through her wavy hair.

"Please just give me one chance?" She was practically begging at this point.

"See you in class, Jauregui." Was all I said before heading back in the direction of my neighborhood. I'm proud of myself for not just forgiving her. Why does she want to be my friend so bad anyways?