Chapter 2

Catching up seemed to be the most important thing on my mind at the moment, I was two weeks behind and did not plan on getting any further. My English teacher luckily didn't give me a lot to do, and excused me from the two quizzes, my calculus and chemistry teachers were not so forgiving. I had already finished most of my English during my spare and only had a couple math pages left to do.

I dumped my backpack out on my bed, letting my two new textbooks fall, and my binder, as well as the notebook. I had forgotten that I took it in the first place, it must have been thrown in with the chaos of the first day. Who ever Mark was I wasn't particularly interested in finding him just to return a book he never used, plus I was told I wasn't sharing a locker which meant it was someone who probably left the school already.  As well as I needed a piece of paper do do my math homework on anyways.

I set up the page the way my teacher from my last school had drilled into me. Name at the top left corner, date directly bellow, title and subject top right. The first three questions from the textbook were pretty straight forward, but the forth was a word problem, which usually was fine but it was so wordy. I swear it feels like they write riddle instead of just asking the question. I started writing the equation down, but honestly I had no idea how to solve it. We started on a different unit in my last school so this was all new to  me. I stared at the page for a solid minute, and then like magic it was being solved. The hand writing was light and bubbly and very clean, their work was all written out and easy to read. Maybe because it was so late, I wasn't as afraid as I should have been. Instead I wrote, 'how did you do that?'.

The writing came back explaining their prosses, as if the math was what I was confused on. Which I was but it didn't seem to be a pressing matter right now. 'no, how did you write this?' I wrote interrupting their explanation.

'I don't know, I just saw your writing and noticed you hadn't answered, so I did. Scott, right?'

Now I was freaked out, they new my name too. Although they didn't seem all that dangerous, in fact they seemed a bit naïve. 'How do you know me?'

'You wrote your name on the paper, I'm Mark.' Now I felt dumb for asking the question. Although Mark didn't answer my question, although I don't see him giving me more information. 

'Wait, so this is your notebook then?' I wrote remembering the name written on the front. 

'You have my notebook! Oh now this makes more sense, you go to Lone Oak High School. I don't remember you, what grade are you in?'

'I just moved today, well technically yesterday but it is my first day. I'm in eleventh grade, hbu?'

'twelfth, I don't go there anymore.'

'oh'

'Yeah, how was your first day?'

'good, you?'

'Good, really? That's got to be the worst answer in the world. Plus no one has a good first day, it doesn't exist, you should say like awkward, hell, horrible, uncomfortable, I got lost like a bazillion times, I don't know anyone, ext.' I laughed, he definitely talked like a teenage boy, and had a sense of humor.

'Okay it sucked, I talked to like three people through entire day. I am already behind in classwork, and on a totally off topic question. How the hell do you get lost, the school is one floor?' I ranted to him, it felt weird sharing this much to a potentially dangerous stranger and yet it felt comfortable. I mean it would be the same as talking to a stranger on the internet right, or a pen pal?

'Wow' was all he wrote back, in cursive hand writing. 'You did not just roast my school like that, it is fairly big.' I rolled my eyes because the school was not even close to being big.

'sure'

'Are you some sort of high school expert?'

'I might as well be, I've been to five different ones'

'Damn' He paused for a bit, although dots appeared on the paper like her was tapping the tip of his pen against it 'Anyways, umm this notebook was actually suppose to go to Apollyon. I was wondering if you might be able to give it to him. Don't get me wrong I love talking to you but, I don't have much time you see.' I had head Apollyon's name a lot in the last day, at least I knew that Apollyon was in fact a teenage boy at my school. That made me feel a bit more comfortable about Mark.

'Time for what?'

'That's not too important, do you think you can do that for me?' Something about how he wrote it down seemed desperate, I could almost hear him plead. I wonder how someone is able to come across so open through writing, it felt raw and real. He was able to funny express and explain himself in his writing. 

'Yeah I can' I promised, even though I had no clue how I would give the notebook to this Apollyon guy. Not to mention what I would say, "Oh hey, here is a weird book where some random person named Mark can write to you with, here you go, bye." Before I could write any of my concerns down Mark had already wrote a reply.

'Thanks man! I love you bro!'