I Care

Saiki Kusuo isn't a normal human being.

Call him arrogant, but it's the truth. Normal people don't hear everyone's thoughts, don't know when something is going to happen before it does, they don't fly, much less destroy an entire building by a single punch.

He's not normal.

So when he finds out about other psychics, he's obviously interested and curious. Not that he'll ever admit it or show it.

And yet they're not like him at all.

He's alone with his burdens.

He'll deal with it. He always does.

——

He doesn't know why he helps them, or even spends time with them, but he does.

He shouldn't. They all stick out. Even by appearance. Yet he can't help but tag along with whatever shenanigans they're doing.

He cares for them, he realizes one night.

Saiki Kusuo, strongest being on the earth, cares for the idiots.

He can't help but smile at the thought. But it leaves as soon as it came.

A memory comes to mind.

Bloodied children, destroyed desks and chairs, cracked floor and windows. His clothes soaked of blood.

The next day he avoids the group.

——

"Hey, Saiki. You alright, man?" Kuboyasu asks him.

The psychic stiffens before nodding. Realizing someone actually noticed.

"You sure? Maybe you should go to the nurse-"

"I'm fine", Saiki glares at the other, daring him to tell him anything else.

The purple haired teen sits down on his seat, but not after patting his friend's back.

——

He cares for them, it crosses his mind more than he would like.

He doesn't know why he didn't realize it before.

He always helped them out. One way or the other.

He decides to just pretend that nothing has happened. Because nothing has.

He's just being dramatic.

——

He doesn't know why he's making such a big deal of it. He cares for his family and he cared for Touma.

But people got hurt. He had to...take care of people when they stalked his family. And he also beat up some kids when they bullied Touma.

Just because he cared.

——

Alright, he's just overreacting.

He has his limiters and a better grasp of his powers.

He won't hurt anyone.

He can't hurt anyone.

——

'I hate myself'