3. We Will Rock You

"They looked like they were about twelve," huffed Freddie.

"I think they were fifteen," said Deaky.

"We used to be like that," sighed Roger.

"Yeah, now it's, 'who are these four dinosaurs? Where's Madonna?'" added Brian. 

"Oh come now Darlings, we've still got it! So what if their fifteen? They're practically children! We're in our thirties, we're in our prime! Let's face it, we're not bad for four ageing queens."

"Maybe that's what I should call my next article on you," Priya said.

"You can, and you should - but I get poetic license for it!"

"Of course, Fred."

"'Ageing'? I think we've got a while yet before we can say that, Fred," said Brian. 

"I'm always in my prime,"  Roger declared, earning and eye roll from Priya.

"Yeah, ageing is right," chuckled Tim.

"Well so are you, Dear!"

The group, including the band - Freddie, Brian, Roger and John - the wives of the band - Lettie, Priya, and Veronica - Tina and Tim had gathered at the pub for Queen's gig. Despite having left the band, Tim was still very supportive of his friends, and everyone got on wonderfully.

"Where's Mary tonight, Fred?" Lettie asked. "Is she not coming?"

"No, she's away for the weekend with David."

"Her new boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, well I'm sure she'll make the next gig."

Freddie nodded, but looked disappointed at Mary's lack of presence. 

"Well I thought you were wonderful, as always," chimed in Veronica, John's wife, turning back to the original topic.

"Yes, Veronica's right, we were." Freddie was now back to smiling. "And no one, not even some childish teenagers who look like they came from the cover of a Duran Duran album are going to stop us!"

"I like Duran Duran," said Tina. "And that John Taylor..." she added dreamily. 

"Oi!" cried Tim. "Speaking of hot bassists!" He gestured to himself. 

"And don't forget John," added Veronica, making John blush. 

"They do have a wicked sense of style, and I love that they wear makeup," said Lettie. "You lot should go back to wearing makeup."

"That was our look of the seventies," Freddie said. "The world changes with the decade, and so must we." He stroked his moustache as though for emphasis.

"All of us except for Brian," remarked Roger. "Hey Brian, you might want to consider cutting your hair someday, and someday soon."

"Never, I was born like this," Brian defended, patting his curls affectionately, making the others laugh.

"Well, I think we'd better call it a night," said Tina. "We left the girls with Mum and Dad and thank goodness there's two of them, cause they can barely handle the five."

"We got Chip to babysit again," said Lettie. "Twice in one week, that'll about do it for him."

The group gathered their things and said goodnight, heading their separate ways. 

"You need a ride home, Fred?" Lettie asked. 

"No thanks Darling. I'll walk, or take a cab."

"Really, it's not out of the way."