Chapter Three-Are You Being Served?-Part two

Mrs Slocombe, (Mollie Sudgen), talks to Captain Stephen Peacock, (Frank Thorton), about the sales, in 'Are You Being Served?'; and the 'His & Hers' episode of Season 1, Episode 4, of the 1972-3 season...right in the media section.

Warning: It is rated PG-13 for sex references, adult themes.

You must be 13 years and over to see and hear it.

****

Terms used in the book for readers:

1 Tosh: British slang for rubbish; nonsense;

2 Pussy: Slang term for a cat.

3 Fitting Rooms: British term for the US and Australian name for Changing Rooms in a Department Store.

Section II

"Where's my pussy?", Mrs Slocombe said, "...She needs her milk". She sighed.

"She's hiding from you", Mister Grainger said.

"Me! I'm...".

"Look, I know she's not 'ere...But she may steal the milk I gave her". And she heard the meowing of the cat...and picked it up by the entrance to the Menswear Fitting Rooms.

****

"She's not going...Oh, Miss Brahms...". Dick said.

"I thought you'd be 'ere! Besides, Captain Peacock was most insistant on the news that you'd be leaving".

"Me, leaving. I was late for the delivery of skirts for Ladies' Department".

"Skirts...".

"Yes, my Aunt in London was terrible with them. Got 'em in a knot".

"A knot?".

"Yes, like the knickers".

"Knickers. I think not! Mrs Slocombe will 'ear about this!".

And she headed to her own department...And told her about Dick.

****

"Is the sales department full of customers?", Mister Grace asked.

"Yes, but some people have complained that their skirts are...too tight in the legs. And they won't pay the £1.99 charge".

"Won't pay! Are you mad? Or is it my choice not to suspend all of the staff at Grace Bros.?".

"This incident is one of many, Mister Grace...".

"Captain Peacock...do you imagine...in the days of Churchill...that he makes a deal with Her Majesty Herself?".

"No!".

And he opened the owner's office door...and walked down the long hallway towards the elevator. Once he got in, he pressed the '2' button with his right hand...

...And waited to get onto the main room...where he could wield his own power over the salesmen and saleswomen of Grtace Bros.

****

Page 4.