Chapter 7

Clay's POV:
I smiled at Y/N. We all decided to eat, and then leave for the carnival since it was TWO hours away.
After finishing eating, we all got in the car. Y/N and I sat in the back, since we were basically best friends by now, and Nick and George sat in the front. George turned up -Last Friday Night- by Katy Perry. Me and Y/N both looked at each other, looked at the radio, and started bobbing our heads like maniacs screaming,
LAST FRIDAY NIGHT
YEAH WE DANCED ON TABLE TOPS
AND WE TOOK TO MANY SHOTS
THEN WE KISSED BUT I FORGOT
LAST FRIDAY NIGHT
We looked at each other laughing. Nick and George both looked equally annoyed, but we didn't care. At this moment I now realized..I liked Y/N. She's energetic, funny, cares so much for other people, and I can go on and on... After about 45 minutes of screaming karaoke, we both felt really tired. I was laying my head on the window, about to go to sleep when I felt a nudge on my arm. It was Y/N falling asleep on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her, unfazed as we listened to Daddy Issues. Then, I fell asleep.

Nick's POV:
I turned on Daddy Issues, by The Neighborhood, slowly bobbing my head. I looked back, just to check in on the idiots that were being really quiet. They were both sleeping, as Clay held Y/N and Y/N's head was dug in his chest. I tapped George on the shoulder, and nudged my head over to them. He gasped and then whispered,
"Take a picture!"
I quickly snapped a picture, while my ringer was off so they couldn't hear anything. I showed George the picture, and he started tearing up.
"George? What's wrong?"
"Well..Y/N's last boyfriend ditched her, cheated on her, and lied to her. He was a TERRIBLE person."
He whispered.
My mouth dropped open, and I looked back at the picture.
"Clay would never do that too her..."
I muttered.
"Wait...what if we can somehow get them on a Ferris wheel, at sunset, in their own cart?"
George whispered.
I gasped quietly.
"That's such a good idea!"
We both agreed to try to go with the plan.

Y/N's POV:
George woke me and Clay up from the lone car ride. I noticed I was laying on Clay, and quickly backed out of the car.
Shit, Now they know that I like him.
Clay's faced turned really red, and he was trying to hide it, I was too. Still wearing Clay's jacket, we walked into the entrance of the carnival. It looked so...beautiful. Clay was fascinated, his hands in his pockets, running around looking at the rides and the games, just like a child. Me and George were walking together while Nick and Clay went to go use the bathroom. Me and Clay sat on a side walk in complete silence...until George broke that.
"Uh...hey, Y/N...do you possibly like Clay?"
I stared there in shock.
"Yeah, but I honestly am scared to trust anybody at this point."
"Listen, I know clay. We've been friends for YEARS, he would never do ANYTHING like that. In fact, he's the most caring, kind, sweetest, funniest, person I have ever met."
I softly smirked and seen Clay and Nick walking back. I stood up, helping George when clay said,
"Can we ride the roller coaster over there?"
I scratched my neck, knowing I was terrified of heights.
"Uh-I uh- I think I'll pass"
He frowned, genuinely sad.
"Aw, come on now (😏) Y/N, it will be fun! You can sit beside me while Nick and George will be behind us. I'll keep you safe, I promise."
I smiled, and then grabbed his hand. He looked down, then back up smiling. George and Nick were fan girl-ing in the back, and I could tell. We walked up to the ride, and got in each seat. Still holding Clay's hand, he helped me in.
"M'lady"
"Why thank you"
We laughed and then buckled up. I squeezed his hand tighter and tighter, as the ride started to start. Closing my eyes the whole time, we finally got to the top. He held on to me for dear life, while I buried my head in his chest, holding on to him. Nick was screaming in the back, and George was laughing.
About 45 more seconds of the ride later, it ended. I got out of the seat after unbuckling and wobbled around.
"Jesus Christ."
Clay held my back up.
"Watch out little miss perfect"
I laughed, while my face turned red.
"You idiots stop flirting, me and George are going to go get ice cream, do you guys want any?"
"Just get us two ___"
Clay responded with.
Me and Clay sat on a bench, near the Ferris wheel. We both looked up at it, and then back at the table. I leaned on to him a bit, while he held me. This was such a perfect night. The man that I liked, was holding me at a carnival. A little bit later, it started to snow. Clay was shivering, holding his hands in his pockets. (Imagine this like a hallmark movie) I hugged him, knowing he was cold. We both had strong hoodies on with long pants, but it was still cold.
"Clay, are you okay?"
"Yeah just a bit cold, you know what will help?"
"What?"
"A kiss."
He said jokingly, laughing.
My face turned red.
"Save it for Nick."
I played with his hair until George and Nick came back.
"What took you idiots so long?"
Clay asked.
"There was so many people in there!"
George said with 3 ice creams in his hands. He handed me and Clay our ____ ice cream. We thanked them and started to walk around a bit more.
"Do you guys want to go on the Ferris wheel while me and Nick go to the bumper cars? It's about to me sundown."
George asked, smirking at Nick.
"Sure"
Clay said.
Clay and Nick ran away somewhere, to the point I couldn't even see them.
(This is going to be quite a long chapter so heres a bookmark)
Me and Clay ran to the Ferris wheel, getting into a cart, we sat beside each other. I laid my head on his shoulder, as he laid his head on mine.

Clay's POV:
This truly was, the greatest night of my life. The girl of my dreams on my shoulder, laying on me, with my two best friends here. It snowed as the sun went down. As soon as it hit dark, the ride ended. I bowed down to Y/N and grabbed her hand. We ran over to a bench, to wait for George and Nick. As soon as we knew it, they jumped out at us. Y/N and I both screamed.
"GEORGE WHAT THE HELL?"
Y/N screamed.
I wheezed, and then asked what they were doing.
"We have video of you two love bugs, snuggling in a Ferris wheel."
Nick teased.
"No you don't."
"Yes I do"
I ran after him, letting go of Y/N as he ran.
"Clay! You're going to fa-"
She yelled.
The next thing I knew I was on the ground rubbing my eye. She ran over to me literally as fast as she could, and lifted me up.
"Oh clay....your eye"
She rubbed my face.
"Wait? What happened?"
"You have a black eye."
My eyebrows frowned. I grabbed Y/N's hand, walked to the car being kind of pissed, leaving George and Nick back. Y/N looked back at them frowning.
We both got into the back seat, and I buckled semi-aggressively.
"Clay, I'm rea-"
My eyes started to tear up.
"Clay what's wrong?"
"I shouldn't have been so aggressive and pissed, it's just a black eye."
I covered my red, teary face as Y/N held me and started to rub my back. She motioned Nick and George to come to the car. They got in, buckled up, and then drove off. I felt really tired, I was still crying but I didn't care. I'm a very soft person, and hate it when I'm rude to people. I laid the back of my head on Y/N's chest and curled my legs up. She rubbed my head, as she laid hers against the car window.