Part 3

You sat in a quiet place in the library after collecting all the books you thought might be useful for the charms project. There was a tap on your shoulder and you turned to see Sirius looking at you.

"Sirius, oh hi! You're early." You said pointing at the time. Sirius shrugged sitting down beside you.

You looked down at the blank parchment. You didn't know what to do. You couldn't look at him for longer than two seconds. He made you nervous.

"(Y/n), I wanted t-" Sirius started but was interrupted as Remus came in. Sirius clenched his eyes shut. Just the time when he had the courage to finally speak to you.

You three worked quietly on the project for the next few hours. You were mildly surprised when you saw Sirius giving in amazing ideas and you beamed at him. You realized what you were doing and immediately averted your gaze. You couldn't. Not when he denied having a soulmate, not when he refused to acknowledge you. But would it be so bad? Forgetting about the whole thing for a moment? Your heart thumped in your chest as you continued to write down on the parchment.

Sirius heart swale when you looked at him brightly only to be deflated when you looked away. He wanted to you to look at him like that. It made him want to dance.

"So, today was productive." Remus said as you all wrapped up.

"It was." You said smiling.

"Care to join me and Sirius for a trip to the kitchens?" Remus said as your eyes widened slightly. In the kitchens with Sirius?

"Umm."

"I promise it's gonna be amazing. Please?" Remus said with such a face that you just couldn't refuse. And Sirius's eyes sparkled with hope too, but you didn't want to admit that it was the reason you finally said yes. It definitely wasn't.

"Okay."

***

You all sat down on a small table as the cheerful elves asked what you all wanted.

"Have you ever been to another country?" Remus asked as you smiled taking a bit of the excellent sandwich the elves made.

"Yes, Bali. It's so beautiful there. It's calm and serene. The people there lead simple lives and well the trip was amazing."

"Tell me more." Remus asked

You launched into a funny story of having monkeys' jump on your back in the forest at Seminiyak. And somewhere in between all the chat and the laughter you forgot about the whole soulmate thing. Sirius made you happy like no other. His jokes weren't all childish but consisted of witty and cheeky replies. You couldn't help the tears that fell as you rolled out grinning.

Sirius reveled in your laughter and everything you told about yourself. He loved that you opened up, if only a little. He realized all of a sudden how thirsty he was to know more about you, your laughter, the way you would wriggle your eyebrows after making a dirty joke. He felt... happy and... free.

"No, you didn't" Sirius said in between laughs as you grinned.

"Yes I did. I may not seem to strong, but I am."

"It's not about strength per say," Sirius said smiling at you. "It's about how you didn't think about yourself first and I think that's a wonderful thing."

Your heart thumped at his words. You couldn't look away. His eyes shone like silver in the light provided by the fire and you felt yourself falling for them. You blinked and gave him a small smile looking away.

"It's late. I should go now." You said getting up.

Sirius nodded slowly. He wanted to whine like a child to stop you. He bit the inside of his cheek. He couldn't.