Chapter 6: The Final Goodbye

As we pack, my heart races.
14 missed calls and 500 missed messages from blocked user @Jason😍
Tears roll down my face as I see every light in his house flicker on, gosh, even his mom's room.
"Hannah, more packing less crying." My mom pushes me to the side. Obviously, she's still mad. Oh no.
"Mrs. Baker, Daniel." Jason nods as he pulls up his sleeves.
"OH, Jason, what are you doing here? It's 4am. We don't need any-" My mom stops talking and sees what's going on. Jason staring at me. His eyes are less pretty, more hurt.
"Hey Mom, I just remembered I left my laptop for school in my room, I'll be right back." I look at him and head for the door.
"I'll go help her, Mrs. Baker. If you don't mind." He looks at her as if she says no, he will still go.
"Oh, no, of course. Go right in." I hear the door close behind me just when I make it up the stairs.
"HANNAH BAKER!" I hear someone yell while I run up the stairs, it could only be one person. I slam my bedroom door behind me.
"Go away, Jason." I say while gathering last minute things in my room.
"500! 500 messages." I hear the door open. It's completely silent throughout the room. "Please don't shut me out." He says begging me to answer him.
"I have no choice, Jason." I turn around and face him.
"You know Katherine-" He says.
"Of course, bring Kitty in this conversation like you do in every conversation." I roll my eyes at the way he drag Kitty into this.
"Oh, don't pull that with me, Hannah. You know I love Katherine and you know good and well that everything she says is true."
"STOP! Jason, please stop. You're making me confused."
"YOU HANNAH? More like me, you ghosted me all night."
"Jason, I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE."
"What are you talking about, Hannah? Doing what?" I go silent. The time is now to tell him, he walks up to me and whispers in my ear. "Say you love me. Admit it and I'll come with you." I go on the top of my toes, toward his ear and say the three words.
"I can't, Jason," He takes a step back and stares at the wall. "We can't do that to Kitty." I say quietly.
"Hannah, look into my eyes." He comes to me and put his hands on my face. "I will do anything for you, just name it and it's done. Tell me to break up with Katherine and I will. I promise."
"You and I both know you can't do that."
"I can- I can." He say. I tear his hands off and pick up my bag.
"Kitty likes triple berry smoothies." My voice breaks and he scoffs.
"So, this is it, Hannah? You're leaving me and not coming back?" I walk up to him and kiss him on the cheek.
"Not for forever, just for now. I'm sorry. Goodbye." I close the door behind me.
"Hannah!" I run down the stairs before I regret my decision and tell him the right three words. I come outside and both Daniel and Mom don't look surprised at the fact that I'm crying. I set my stuff in the back and climb into my seat.
"Do you want to talk?" Daniel says quietly.
"Just drive please." My voice breaking more and more with every word.
Kitty556 has just posted a new pic on Instagram: Caption: Missing Bae!
Jason123 has commented on Kitty556's post: Movie and triple berry smoothies on Friday?
Kitty556 has responded to Jason123's comment: Ew you know I don't eat junk food now. Plus, Audrey and I prefer milkshakes. Movies are boring. Come to my cheer practice on Thursday, though! Love you💗
"Hannah! Look we're here. Florida."