Dinner at Jody's

Team Free Will 2.0 gets invited to Thanksgiving dinner at Jody's. All of the
girls are there, and this is the first time that most of them have met Castiel. And all of their first times meeting Jack.

———

Sam was sitting in the main room, tapping away on his computer, when his phone began to ring. He felt Jack jump beside him at the sudden noise, as it had been peacefully quiet a moment before. Sam sent him an amused glance and picked up his phone which was face down on the long wooden table. It was Jody.

"Hey, Jody," Sam smiled into the phone. It had been awhile since they last talked. In all honestly, Sam really missed her and the girls. He wished maybe all this end-of-the-world crap would take a vacation so the Winchesters and company could have a break.

"Hey Sam!" Jody yelled back. It sounded she was pretty happy to talk to him too.

"What's up?" Sam shifted in his seat so his back was straight.

"I was just wondering what you guys were doing next weekend? I know you guys are usually pretty busy but I thought I'd ask..."

"Yeah, uh, yeah, we're free. Hunts have been pretty slow and we haven't gotten any new leads on our issue."

"Oh great! I'm having a Thanksgiving dinner with the girls and Donna. I figured you would only get take-out or something. So, would you and the guys want to come?"

Sam raised his brows. There was no hesitation. "Of course! Sounds great Jody. Uh, should we bring anything?"

"Nope! Everything will be covered." Sam could almost feel her excitement through the phone.

"Great. We'll see you then, Jody."

"Bye, Sam."

"Bye." Sam hung up the phone just as Dean walked into the room. He had three plates of cheeseburgers in his hands.

"Who was that?" Dean asked, setting a plate in front of Sam and one in front of Jack.

"Jody. She invited us to have Thanksgiving dinner at her house next weekend. I told her we would come," Sam answered, closing his laptop lid as he figured he would just come back to his work later.

Dean took a seat across from Sam. "Fun. Jack and Cas too?"

Sam nodded. "She said me and guys, so I'm assuming. Plus, she hasn't officially met Jack. Actually, none of the girls have."

The brother's eyes fell on the nephilim who sat obliviously on Sam's left. He was munching on his second bite of the cheeseburger. "What?" He asked, furrowing his brows when he realized that they were staring at him.

Dean gave him a smug smile. "You know, the girls are pretty cute, Jack. Maybe one of them would like you."

"Why wouldn't they like me?" Jack asked, blatantly confused.

Sam excused himself. "He means like like you. Like one of them may think your cute."

"Like that one girl who had a zombie boyfriend thought I was cute?"

Dean shook his head. "Uh, kinda. But minus the zombie boyfriend. These girls are super nice. You gotta be smooth, Jack."

Sam turned to his brother, bitch-face prominent. "Dean, let's stop trying to influence Jack into getting with a girl. Especially Jody's kids."

Dean shrugged. "Whatever. I'm just sayin'."

Sam shook his head and finally brought the burger to his lips. Jody was right, they didn't cook much, even since having their own kitchen. But he had to admit, Dean can make some mean burgers.