thursday

Hailey's pov...

____________________

I woke up this morning feeling more tired than ever. After last nights performance that went very well, i'm exhausted. Dance always made me so tired even though I loved it so much. 

I was excited about what the new day would bring. This morning I thankfully had an unsweetened ice tea in hand. Walking into school was exhausting. It always was.

I walked to my geometry class like every other day. After geometry I went to every other class that leads up to lunch. I always think about lunch and what silly things me and Jaycee will talk about.

I found myself daydreaming as choir ended and I snapped myself out of it. Almost lunch. Almost lunch. Almost lunch. Almost lunch. This was all that was repeating in my head. 

The bell rang.

I shot up from my seat not waiting for anyone and headed straight for my lunch table. Finally Jaycee. 

"Hellooo Jaycee!" I said very cheerfully 

"Hi Hailey!" She replied

We sat down at our table and pulled out our lunches. Jaycee began to speak so I looked up at her, anticipating what she would say.

"Hailey we should hang out soon." Thats all she had to say and it put me in a panic mode.

I couldn't hang out with her anymore. I couldn't hang out with anyone. I couldn't risk it. We live in a small town and word travels fast. I'd never hear the end of it. All of these thoughts swarmed my head. 

"Hailey?" she asked

"Hm?!? Oh sorry- Uh yeah definitely we should!" I said with my leg shaking under the table

"Are you okay? We don't have to hang out if you don't want to..." 

"No no no i'm okay! We can hang out soon. I promise." SHIT!! I just made a promise I know damn well I can't keep. 

As lunch went on I just kept digging myself a deeper and deeper hole. There was no way I was getting out of this. 

The conversation about hanging out finally ended. While Jaycee talked my ear off about kpop which I didn't mind, I thought about how this situation could go down.

She could find out and...and...and...and...UGH nothing is going well in my head.

Finally the bell rang so we were off to PE. Today in PE we walked the track. The whole walk, me and Jaycee pointed out the worms on the track as we walked passed them. 

"Worm"

"Worm"

"Worm"

"Worm"

This went on until we got called inside before our next class. We finally parted ways for the rest of the day.

She can't find out. No one can. 

____________________________________

Jaycee's pov...

____________________________________

As me and Hailey parted ways for the day, I couldn't stop thinking about the way she was acting today. Is she hiding something from me? Nooo she'd never do that. Right? 

Well maybe I was wrong. 

I found myself daydreaming in math again. I tried so hard to pay attention but I couldn't. Of course this resulted in me getting called out in front of the whole class. 

The day soon ended. I went home. I sat on my bed for awhile thinking about all the events from today. Then I remembered. Oh yeah the fake dating. Wonder when that will start. 

I made that thought leave my head while I thought about what Hailey could possibly be hiding from me. God it made me anxious. 

I finally started to relax. I quickly fell asleep. Too much chaos in one day.

_____________________________________

Tehe chapter 4