Chapter 4

Later that day I went out to the front garden and knocked on their door. At least this way would seem so much less creepy than just randomly appearing in their house. It was Kenzi that opened the door. She looked at me like she was annoyed.

"I am here to apologise for earlier. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry." She looked at me for a second then laughed. What did I say? "It's Tate right. Look it's fine about earlier just please don't appear in my house again. I am Kenzi. I just moved here today but you probably know that cause of the moving vans. Do you want to come inside?" I nod. I am so glad that she isn't mad at me.

She introduced me to her parents and little sister. We went up to her room. "So did you know the last people that moved in here?" She asks me. I need to think. I get all the families confused because there has been so many. "Yeah. They didn't stay long. About 1 week actually. I didn't really talk to them. So why did you move here?" The last family actually stayed for about 2 days but I didn't want to tell Kenzi that. "I don't really want to talk about why I moved here if that's ok?" Her face went sad. I nodded.

At about 7 I left. I wonder why Kenzi moved from her old house. I went and watched Kenzi with her little sister. Kenzi was so good with her. "Kenzi, where is Eve?"Ella asked. Kenzi looked sad again. She got Ella to her bed without the answer to her question. Who is Eve?

Later on after Ella was asleep I heard Kenzi talking to her mum about Ella's question. "I can't take this anymore mum. What am I meant to say to her? I can't tell her the truth. I wouldn't be able to word it correctly. I think you need to tell her mum. She is 5 and I think if you word it correctly then she might understand but I just can't. I-I can't tell her that her twin sister is d-dead." I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe Eve was there cat or something but it was her sister.

Kenzi was crying and her mum was hugging her. "Don't worry Kenz. We will get through it as a family. Do you want to take the day off school tomorrow. Just to settle in." She shook her head. "No, I need to keep distracted." Everyone has their dark secrets. This is Kenzi's.