Chapter 3

I heard them coming into the house. I went down a watched them. The man had his arms around the woman. "Do you like it Mary?" The man asked to the woman. She nodded. "It's amazing. I can't believe the price we got for this!" The house has been getting cheaper as more people move out and die. "What about you Kenzi? What do you think of the house?" Kenzi looked around. "I don't know. It's nice but it feels a bit strange." There was silence for a minute. Does she know about us? Maybe she can sense us. "Kenzi don't be stupid! You are going to scare your little sister. Now go up and find a room that you like. You have first choice. Noah can you take Ella from Kenzi." I watched Kenzi go to look for a room. She has long curly brown hair. And she looks beautiful. I can't believe I actually thought that. I haven't thought that since Violet.

Kenzi entered Violet's old room. She had a big smile on her face. "MUM! I found the perfect room. It is already painted black." I heard Mary laugh in the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile. I went down to the basement and saw Ben and Vivien talking. "We can't keep scaring them away Ben. What happens when there is no one left to move in? They will knock the house down and build a car park or something. We have to let these people stay. Maybe they could cope with some of the other ghosts being scary, I don't know but we need to think of Violet. She could maybe be friends with this girl. Please Ben, call it off." Vivien was right. I stay in the shadows to make sure I am not seen. I see Ben nod. "Ok Viv. If that's what you think is good for us."

I go outside and I see Kenzi smoking. I decide to talk to her. "You know smoking is bad for you right?" She stares at me with wide eyes. She is probably wondering how I got into her garden. "I live next door. I just thought I would welcome you. My name is Tate." She is still staring at me. I don't know how Violet manages to just show up in peoples rooms without creeping them out. I can't believe I am actually talking to her. She just reminds me so much of Violet. I sit down on the step. "I-I am Kenzi. Does my mum know you are here?" I shake my head. "Well then I think you should go. I don't want random people walking about my house. Go now!" How does Violet manage this? I walk out the house. It just reminds me so much of when violet told me to go away. Everyone wants me to go away I think. Everyone wants me gone.