Chapter 8

"How can you take me out on Halloween?" Kenzi asked and I tapped my brain. "It's a secret. So I will see you tomorrow?" She nods but I can see that it is bothering her.

I need time to think. Where should I take her? The beach? No. That is where I took Violet and I don't want it to be the same. I will take her where ever she wants to go. That's the best way to make her happy.

I was so excited the next day. I finally get to go on a normal date with Kenzi. This will only happen once a year so it needs to be special.

Kenzi went to school that day. When she got home I knocked on her door. The door opened and Ella opened the door. "Who are you?" She asked me. Just as I was about to answer, Kenzi's mum scooped Ella up into her arms. "What have I told you about answering the door you little monkey," she said while tickling her. "Hi Tate. Kenzi is in her room."

When I walked into Kenzi's room she looked at me shocked. "I thought you would come a bit later. I haven't picked what to wear or do my makeup." Kenzi is still wearing what she wore to school, which didn't look bad. Skinny black jeans, a dark purple t-shirt and a black leather jacket. She just had a little bit of eyeliner on but I don't think she needs anymore on. She looks perfect.

"You look gorgeous like always," I say to her and she smiles. We go down stairs and her mum shouts for her to have a good time. "Where are we going?" She asks me once we are outside. I don't know where to take her? My earlier plan of letting her decide doesn't seem so good anymore. It would look like I didn't care enough to think of a place. Without thinking, I say the place I least wanted to go. "I was thinking we could go to the beach."

The beach was nice. I don't know why I thought this was a bad idea. Watching the sun go down while listening to the sea is the best thing that you could ever do on the beach. We stopped off and got some alcohol from one of Kenzi's friends which just made this date better.

"This is amazing. We should do this every night." Kenzi says and my mood starts to drop. Am I the right person for her? I couldn't take her out every night like some other guy could. What if she eventually gets bored of staying in the house with me? I will just have to make her stay.

Kenzi notices the change of atmosphere and she looks apologetic. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean it like that. It would be nice to go out with you every night but I only want to be with you. I am happy as long as you are around." It makes me so happy to hear these words coming from her. I then take the moment and kiss her.

The kiss got cut short from some teenagers. "Look, it's a new one this year," Kyle said to the other four. I remember him from last year. I was on the beach with Violet when they came. Violet didn't know about the shooting then.

"Do you think she knows who we are?" Chloe asks and she sees Kenzi's confused expression. "Your boyfriend killed us!" She shouts at Kenzi. By now, Kenzi and I are standing and she is behind me. "RUN!" I shout to her and I take her hand and we run away. They start chasing after us, Kyle in the lead. He did used to be a footballer after all.

"I think we lost them," Kenzi pants. Getting rid of them wasn't easy. Right now we are hiding in an alley but it won't be long until they find us again. "I am so sorry Kenzi. I know this isn't the most perfect date. It could actually go down as one of the worst dates ever." I look at her and she has a smile on her face.

"Well getting chased by the people that your boyfriend murdered isn't up there but it was fun." I really wasn't expecting that. I forgot that Kenzi wasn't like other girls. She is darker, like me.

"What do you-" Kenzi put a finger to her lips. I look at her confused but then I hear them. "WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?" a voice screams. I think it might be Kevin but I am not sure. Kenzi has a hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing and I can't help but smile. She really isn't normal.

I then hear another voice that I really wasn't expecting. "I will help you find them if you want." It was Violet. I felt numb. I could hear them coming closer and Kenzi was urging me to move but I couldn't. I felt like I was nailed to the floor. Why would Violet help them? I saw the expression in Kenzi's face change when she eventually realized why I wasn't moving.

Her Hazel eyes stared into mine. "Come on. We have to go," She whispered softly. When she saw that I wasn't moving she started kissing me. Eventually, I felt like I woke up. The voices are really close now and I know that if we don't move quickly then we are caught.

I start to run. Kenzi and I are holding hands again but this time it is her in front of me. I feel free. I feel free from Violet. I have Kenzi now and I know she won't leave me. I will make sure she doesn't leave me.

----------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I hope you enjoy this part. Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I just didn't feel like it but now I am back in the American Horror Story mood so expect a bit more updates.

What do you think Tate is going to do to Kenzi to make her stay?

Why do you think Violet is going against Tate?

Did everyone hear, the next season of American Horror story will be set in a hotel and Lady Gaga will be in it! I am so excited.

Thanks for reading. Bye!!!