Chapter 4: An Unforeseen Death

The sun had risen over the arena, but only a little sunlight shone through the leaves of the jungle where Leafy and Ruby were chatting. They hadn't seen anyone else since meeting each other, but heard all the cannon shots since. A new one suddenly echoed around the arena. They stopped their conversation.

"That's, what, 11 deaths now?" Leafy asked.

"I think so. Almost a fourth of us are already gone! I'm sad Bubble's dead, though."

"Can't say I'm surprised. I guess it just helps our chances. But I hope we run into someone soo-" Leafy stopped as Pencil came into view. "Oh, great."

"Pencil!" Ruby rushed forwards.

"Ruby! It's good to see you!" Pencil saw Leafy. "Oh. Hi."

Leafy turned to Ruby. "Ruby, I'm sorry about this, but I think I'm going to have to part ways with you."

"What!? Why?" Ruby cried.

"It's not you." Leafy glared at Pencil. "It's her. I know you're a good person, Ruby, but I'm going to have to leave if you're consorting with those types of people."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Pencil asked haughtily.

"You KNOW what I mean. You and Match are a nasty pair, and I can barely look at you after thinking about how you've treated Ice Cube in the past, and more recently, Fanny."

Pencil huffed. "Oh, please. Fanny was killing the vibe. And it's not like you haven't mistreated Ice Cube in the past."

"I didn't MEAN to kill her in BFDI 2! Book had the right idea when she and Ice Cube cut their connections with you back in episode 1. Goodbye, Ruby. I hope you make it far in this challenge." Leafy stormed away before either of them could respond.

"Good riddance," said Pencil. "I'm surprised she almost won Dream Island in season 1." She walked off into the jungle. Ruby stayed silent and followed her.

--------------------

Teardrop yawned and rolled out of her tree hollow. She was grateful that nobody had found her in the middle of the night. Her fire had died out long ago, but now the sun's rays were warming her up. She got up, chose a direction, and started walking.

After about an hour of walking, she came across an entire pile of forks. Score! But before she could take any, Gelatin burst through the trees. "Mine!" He yelled. Teardrop stumbled out of the way as Gelatin scooped up the entire pile of forks in one go and ran off through the trees.

Teardrop stared at the hole he made in the bushes and sighed. Back to square one.

After another ten minutes of walking, she saw something glinting through the trees. A weapon? She rushed towards it, but found something much better than a weapon.

--------------------

Foldy was glad to get off that iceberg. After being stuck adrift for a day and a night, unable to get in the water, it finally floated to the base of some mountains. She got off and began to head up the side of the mountain, but before she made it far, she heard a clatter of rock against rock. She looked around but didn't see anyone.

"Hello?" Foldy called out nervously. She took a step forward and her foot hit something. Looking down, she saw a tiny green emerald touching her foot. Something moved out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head and something small and wooden stumbled behind a rock. "Woody? Is that you?"

Woody peeked out from behind the rock. "Awww! You're so tiny! How did you shrink?"

"Wa-wa," Woody replied.