~five~

Hermione's heart raced quickly, as all possibly probable events passed through her head. Did she do something wrong? Did she not hand in her transfiguration homework on time? No, she was quite sure she remembered giving it in. Was it that McGonagall figured out Harry sneaked off to Hogsmeade and that Hermione was involved? No, it cant possibly be. What is it then?!

AS Hermione followed McGonagall to her office, she fidgeted and fumbled with the nimble pages of her book. 

The Professor motions for Hermione to take a seat, and sits down.

"You won't have to wait long. He'll be arriving shortly", McGonagall explains.

Whoever does she mean? Who is this mysterious 'he'? In a few seconds, hermione's questions were answered. She gasped in her head. What is he doing here?!

In front of Snape, stood the masculine figure of Draco. One could barely see Snape was there, Draco's height completely covered him. As Snape pushes Draco in, McGOnagal says, "Thank you, Severus. Come in and take a seat, Draco." Snape nods his head and leaves humbly. Draco, with a visibly confused expression on his face, takes the seat next to Hermione. 

"Hello, students, I have summoned you into my office to explain to you the urgency and necessity of what news i have to lay upon you. Luckily, you both are staying at Hogwarts, or we'd have to send owls, but that doesnt matter. What I'm here to tell you is...." Hermione and Draco both eyed the proffessor curiously.

"Is that we need the both of you to be the school Prefects"

"WHAT?!" Hermione and Draco shriek. A loud mixture of questions from both their sides erupts inside the office. McGonagall stands up, hands clapped onto her desk, unable to bear the vehement noise.

She leans over, "ENOUGH. Now, you are the first students to know this, but the former Prefects will not be joining us in Hogwarts. We have just received word that, curiously, the both of them have chosen to join the Muggle World, and to wipe their memory, entirely, of the Wizarding World. Unfortunate as it is, nevertheless new prefects need to be appointed. Dumbleodre is currently not on school grounds, and the staff and I have decided that the both of you are perfect candidates for. the position. If you are to say yes, and i hope you do, you will announce to the students of your status as prefects after the Winter Break at the Returning Feast. Now", she paused, ", what are your decisions?" 

Hermione, unable to stomach the information, opened her mouth. "Professor, I'm truly honored to be nomiated to the position as Prefect, and as  surprised as i am, I'm not sure we'd be the best match together, seeing as-", Hermione was cut off by Draco. "I would love to be Prefect,", he looked over to Hermione, "with Granger over here", he nods to her, with a wink.

"Well, it's settled then! Congratulations! By tomorrow, I want you both to have moved into the Prefects' dormitory. The password is 'fate'. Your duties and responsibilities will be explained to you by Lady Terrian, the woman on the pass-holding gate of the dormitory. I look forward to seeing you handling your new jobs." McGonagall added with a smile.