14- Poor poor kid

After the beach walk with Grant I hung out with Sadie, Blue, Nyko, and I think Ivory. I'm not sure, she was near us and would sometimes add on to the conversation, but she kept looking around as if she was looking for someone. Maybe Dante? Overall we had fun, Nyko almost fell in the fire while mocking Sadie's walk, which in his words is very heavy since she walks flat-footed.

Dante disappeared shortly after I arrived back to the group while whispering something into Nykos ear. He didn't say anything to me about where he was going, he only looked at me and pointed at Nyko. It was quite disappointing, but I'll live. I don't expect him to be around me every second, but I do expect him to tell me where he's going.

I haven't had that much fun, with more than one person ever. The group is very in-sync with each over, even Ivory. The way they act, talk, and move is very... well thought through and careful as if they were spies. They have this look in their eyes saying " Don't touch my group, I will you or die trying. " I can't help to think there is something bigger that's going on that I don't know about.

I pulled on a pair of fuzzy pants, fuzzy socks, and a fuzzy sweatshirt. I pulled my curtains open and leaned on the window sill. It has been ten months since New York City even got a glimpse of snow, and it was bewitching. I tied open my curtains with the ends of the vine decorations and opened my room door.

I was met with a wave of warmth, coffee, and cinnamon. I smiled, tying my hair up while walking to the kitchen. I stepped into the kitchen and was met with Dante's side profile, which is very interesting. Most girls would call him cute or hot, but those aren't the right words. A grin stretched across my face when I saw the pancake mix, eggs, and bacon out.

He is making me breakfast, well him and me, but me. I tilted my head and studied him. He wore a black sweatshirt and sweatpants. His charcoal black hair fell over his eyes, bouncing while he mixed the pancake batter. Dante's eyes were as clear as the coffee brewing in the coffee maker, and his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. He was beautiful- I mean attractive.

" Good morning Jade, I'm making breakfast, but I think you already know that because you've been standing there for a while now, " Dante said while pouring the pancake batter on the pan, with a sizzle.

I walked into the kitchen fully and gave him a crooked smile. " Good morning Evans, " I said, walking over to the cupboard, pulling out two mugs.

I walked over to the coffee brewer and went to grab the pot, but my hand was smacked away. I turned to Dante who was flipping a pancake with one hand and pointing at me with the other.

" Not so fast Paddington, I got it, " He paused and started to whisk the eggs. " Go away and read, I got it, " he shooed me away.

I looked down at my fuzzy outfit turning red. " Fine, '' I said quickly and walked to the living room.

I cringed when I saw the curtains on the windows in the living room closed. The white curtains allow enough light in to see the small dust particles floating around the room, but I want to see the snow.

I tied back the curtains on the windows and smiled. The snow on my window sill and the fire escape looked so majestic, I didn't even notice the brown mushy snow getting splattered by cars or the pedestrians shouting and groaned because they got splashed by the murky water. I sighed in awe, grabbing my writing journal off my working desk, and plopping on the couch. I opened to a clean page and waited for something to come to me.

I clenched my hand around my pen, why can't I think of something? I have been working on this book ever since I dropped out of school and I can't even figure out what it's going to be about. You should just stop, quit- No I'm not quitting, ever.