V. The Wedding

♕

Daella had dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl. She had always pictured how the love of her life would stand behind her tall and strong as he swept the cloak of his protection over her shoulders and kissed her tenderly.

"You look very beautiful, m'lady," Ambar complimented as she and the serving girls helped the bride to get into her wedding gown.

Daella was lovely in ivory silk and Myrish lace. The hem of her dress was decorated with detailed floral patterns. And for her maiden's cloak, it was made of a hundred cloth of gold roses sewn to a dark red velvet that represented the union between a Tyrell and a Lannister.

"M'lady, Ser Jamie Lannister is here," the guard stood outside of her chamber announced, making the young girl heart skipped a beat. Taking one last look from her mirror, she nodded at Ambar, who went to open the door, revealing the most handsome man in Westerors.

And there he was, standing in front of her.

And there she was, standing in front of him.

Daella was the most beautiful woman Jamie had ever laid his eyes on. Unlike the usual Tyrell brown, her long curls that rest behind her shoulders were almost as light as his. She had a pair of full lips and a fine straight nose that were the envy of most women. And her eyes, Jamie felt most drawn to her eyes. They were like swirling blue and grey storm clouds right before the lightning hit.

"Pull it together, Jamie!" He stared at the young girl, realizing he was staring, told himself to stop staring, and then kept on staring.

"My Lord." It was the way Daella whispered his name brought him back to himself.

"My lady. You look..." "Beautiful? Lovely? Exquisite? Ravishing?..." Choices of words flashed across Jamie's mind but he could not find the right word to describe the stunning sight in front of him.

This made Daella chuckled at the knight's awkwardness. She found it adorable as Jamie stumbled over his words.

Jamie looked splendid too. It was the first Daella saw him changed out of his Kingsguard's white cloak and gold armour. He was wearing a dark doublet, and on top of it was a cloak of deep crimson velvet blazoned with a proud golden lion. His hair was swept back with a few loose blonde curls dangling in front of his forehead, making him more attractive.

"You look handsome, my Lord," Daella complimented.

"Thank you," Jamie replied.

The two stood in awkward silence until the bells began to ring, signaling it was time for the ceremony.

"Are you nervous?" Jamie decided to speak up.

Daella shook her head. "Not really. I always knew it was my duty to marry a prince or a lord someday. I just didn't expect to happen so soon..." she admitted truthfully.

"That makes two of us. I was just as surprised when my father told me about this engagement. He felt it was necessary, for reasons of state," Jamie sighed. He then offered his arm to Daella and she took it dutifully. "Come, then. Let us do our duty."

Together, the two arrived at the altar where the septon waited between the towering statues of the Father and the Mother to join the couple's lives together.

"Father, smith, warrior, mother, maiden, crone, stranger. I am hers, and she is mine. From this day to the end of my days." The seven vows were made, the seven blessings were invoked, and the seven promises were exchanged. When the wedding song had been sung and the challenge had gone unanswered, it was time for the exchange of cloaks.

Mace Tyrell removed his daughter's maiden cloak tenderly and handed it to her husband to be. Jamie nodded at the old man and draped Daella in crimson-and-gold. She could feel his warm breathe on her neck as he leant in close to fasten the cloak around her. And by that, she passed from her father's protection to her husband's.

"With this kiss, I pledge my love." Jamie spoke before pulling his bride close and kissed her. It was a soft peck on the lips, nothing more.

The High Septon then declared Jamie of the House Lannister and Daella of the House Tyrell to be one flesh, one heart, and one soul.