How We Became Us

*Kat's Pov*

"Hey Jason do you remember how we ended up going out?" I ask as we lay out on a hammock in our backyard.

He smiles, kisses my forehead and says, "How could I forget?"

***Flashback***

<I> Your eyes are as blue and deep as the ocean I can stare at them all day. Your lips so pink an pouty I just want to kiss them and make you smile. Your skin so soft I want to hold you in my arms forever. I wish I can say this to your face but you make me weak with every smile and every glance. Maybe one day.

Always yours,

Anonymous </I>

Kat sighs and giggles as she read the new letter she found in her locker from her secret admirer. This had been going on for a couple of months and every time she gets a new letter she feels butterflies in her stomach.

"Hey Princess. What's with the big cheesy smile?" Jason says walking up to Kat.

"Oh nothing just got another letter from my secret admirer." Kat giggles.

"That's the fifth one this week and it's only Tuesday." Jason says laughing at Kat's lovestruck expression while silently musing over his handiwork.

"Yeah I don't know why he won't just talk to me. I don't matter who he is or what he looks like. He could have a hunchback and a lazy eye but I would still like him. He's deep and complex and that alone makes him special That's boyfriend material." Kat sighs dreamily.

"Did you just say boyfriend?" Jason says his eyes widening a fraction at the words. Kat didn't like dating or the thought of a boyfriend because everyone wanted something from her. 'She's serious about this.' Jason thought.

"Yeah I guess I did. I just wish..." Kat trailed off not being able to finish her sentence.

"You just wish what?" Jason asks concerned by the look on her face.

'I just wished you wanted me like the guy in the letters.' Kat thought sadly. She has liked Jason for years but all he sees her as is his baby sister.

" I just wish I could meet him." Kat said still a little upset.

"Oh Princess..." Jason said pulling Kat into a hug "he's just nervous to talk to you I mean come on you're beautiful and you're Bruce Wayne's daughter that's pretty scary."

"Yeah I guess..." she says pulling away from Jason "I better get to class. See you at lunch?"

"Yeah but I'm gonna be a bit late." Jason says cooly.

"Okay then... later."

•*Time Skip to Lunch*•

"Hey Kat! Over here!" Kat's best friend Jessica called from their usual lunch table.

"Hey Jess." Kat says when she gets to the table.

"Where's Jay Jay?" Jess says laughing.

"I don't know he said he would be a little late." Kat says shrugging her shoulders.

"Hmmm okay. So did you do your biology homework?"

"Yeah it's in my locker. Do you need it?" Kat asks laughing at her friend's subtly.

"Yes please! Ms.Dover will kill me if I don't hand in my homework again." Jess says shuddering slightly.

"Okay." I said getting up and laughing. "I'll be back."

As Kat got closer to her locker she saw someone outside her locker slipping a letter in it.

'My secret admirer!' she thought excitedly.

"Hey!" she yelled down the hall.

The guy turned around frightened by being yelled at and looked like he was about to bolt.

"I will tackle you if you run. Now turn around and let me see your face." She yells frustrated at his attempt to run like he wasn't just caught.

As the boy turned around Kat can truly say she was shocked.

"Jason?... Wha-? How?Whe-? Why?" Kat stumbled over her words.

"Look Kat I can explain. I was just-" Jason tried to get out but Kat cut him off.

"It's been you the whole time. How could I be so stupid to not realize it?"

"Look Kat I understand if you don't want to be with me. Can we at least be friends? Please?" Jason begged.

Kat began to laugh at the whole situation.

"It's really not that funny Princess." Jason snapped at her.

"No, no that's not what I'm laughing at I liked you since forever. Probably since the day you walked into Wayne Manor, and now you like me and I never even realized it." Kat laughed while Jason couldn't help but stare at her after her deep confession.

"You liked me this whole time you liked me? Shit..." Jason cursed.

"Kat I didn't write those letters." Jason said.

Kat could feel her heart breaking at his words.

"What? What do you mean? I just saw you put a note in my locker." Kat said feeling tears well up in her eyes.

"I was just leaving you a note saying I was leaving early Bruce needs me for something." Jason said looking at her face seeing her look so broken he reached out for her but she moved back.

"No, I understand. I'm a silly little girl who felt something for you while you didn't feel shit.Wow I'm pathetic." Kat said as tears fell and she laughed bitterly.

"Kat wait that's not what I-"

"No it's fine I'll see you later." Kat said while taking off down the hall and out the school.

Kat slumped against the school crying her eyes out.

"I'm so stupid!" Kat screamed. She felt herself being pulled up and pushed up against the wall of the school.

"That's one thing you're right about." Jason whispered in her ear.

"Jason please just go I don't need you rubbing it in that you don't like me." Kat said as she attempted to wipe her tears but Jason caught her hands an pinned them to the wall.

"Did you ever hear me say I didn't like you?!" Jason yelled "No you didn't so shut up with all this crap. I have liked you since that day you came in my room scared during a thunderstorm. Since that day I felt the need to protect you an hold you in my arms forever. So don't tell me how I feel!"

"Jason..." Kat whispered. "I'm sorry."

As she was about to say more Jason tilts her chin upward and smiled at her before smashing his lips onto her lips. Kat can't help her knees buckling from the contact of his lips and him biting her bottom lip is not really helping her weak knees.

As Jason pulled back Kat felt herself start to fall forward but Jason caught her around the waist before that could happen.

"You okay Princess?" Jason said throwing her a cocky grin.

"Mmmhmm....I mean I fine." She said finally snapping out of her daze.

"Good cuz' I can't afford my girlfriend getting hurt." Jason said smiling.

"Girlfriend?" Kat says surprised. "You want ME to be YOUR girlfriend?"

"That's what I said. Didn't I?" Jason says while pressing his lips to her cheek.

Kat giggles at this and says, "Good cuz' I wouldn't want it any other way."

***End of Flashback***

*Kat's Pov*

"We never did find out who was writing those letters to me." I say.

"Does it matter? I have you now and that's all that matters." Jason says kissing my cheek.