tokyo

this chapter takes place just before hinata's first year at highschool

hinata's pov

shoyo leapt to his feet at the blaring noises of his alarm clock. even though he was half asleep, he began to sprint around his room, grabbing "essential" things to pack for the ginger's trip to...

"TOKYO!" he yelled in pure excitement. hinata, his mom and his sister were travelling to the city for a weekend away before he started his first year at karasuno high. the teen became giddy at the thought, packing twice as fast.

eventually, he was downstairs, dressed and showered, a full bag by the front door.

"mom, im ready!" he called out.

"that's great shoyo, but we don't have to leave for another hour!"

hinata hung his head with a loud groan. he was too excited, why couldn't they leave now? the ginger hopped from one foot to another, before his mom told him to go play with his sister while she checked on some "last minute stuff".

~timeskip~

"shoyo... shoyo.... shoyo!"

he jolted up, peeling his cheek off of the window at a painful speed. as he rubbed the mark it had left on his face, the boy's mom began to urge him out of the car. he complied, scrambling out with new excitement as all traces off fatigue left his body.

hinata grabbed his stuff, placing it on the sidewalk. as he straightened up, he began to wonder.

where were they?

the ginger and his family were in a suburban street, outside a thoroughly normal- looking house.

"shoyo, can you go and ring the doorbell? im busy with your sister" his mom sighed.

"mom are you sure we're in the right-" the confused boy began.

"just do it please" hinata's mother interrupted, clearly on the short end of her temper after the somewhat tiresome journey.

cautiously, the ginger walked down the path to the house his mom had indicated. he desperately hoped his mom's navigation skills were up to standard as he pressed the white button.

the short kid heard the bell echo throughout the home, but sensed no response. he waited a moment. it was a saturday morning, after all.

he turned over his shoulder, calling to his pre-occupied mom "hey, i think we're maybe at the wrong-"

his words were cut off for the second time in five minutes, but this time not by a voice, by the opening of a door a couple feet in front of him.

he turned back to face the newly opened door so fasy it was a wonder he didn't get whiplash.

he froze.

it was hard to say what hit the floor first, his bag or is jaw.

"kenma-!?"

"shoyo...?"

A/N
hey there!
how are we enjoying the story so far? :)
make sure to leave some feedback and have a good day/night <3