Chapter 2: Widdle Ol'- GOSH NO!

Dipper POV

We were walking on the dirt road.

I was trying to enjoy the quietness and tranquility of the beautiful outdoors since it's been a while since I've been exposed to this kind of atmosphere. Back in California, it was mainly cramped buildings and pollution. However, my peace came to a halt when a ringing voice strikes my right ear.

"Dipper?"

I lift my head up from staring at the dirt road, "Hm?"

"They called you Dipper. Is that your nickname or something?" Kyle wondered.

I noded, "Yeah." I sneered, "But don't call me by that." It's always so embarrassing when people other than my family calls me that. I feel my cheeks warming up.

"I remember when your sister always called you 'Dipstick or Dippingsauce." As he was laughing he suddenly stops and looks at me.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. Why did he suddenly stop? "What?"

Kyle resumes walking again, "Oh nothing." He swings his arms back and forth. "I've always thought you were kind of scary at school." He smiles, "But you're actually pretty chill."

Kyle admits, "I actually a little scared when I was you a few hours ago."

I stare at him dubiously. Did he always talked this much? Wait why was he scared of me?

We walked on the bridge over the creek.

Kyle continues to blabber on, "In our senior year, did you know you were runner-up after Jackson for Prom King?!"

He mumbles to himself, "Like damn, jocks always get all the girls."

I rolled my eyes. Jocks? Sure I was on the football team, (I was forced to join,) but I wasn't popular.

You know he kind of reminds me of myself during my cough, cough awkward pre-teen phase. It's kind of refreshing to see someone else acting this for once.

While having a staring contest with the ground, Kyle frowns, "You know... I.. I'm sorry. Fo-For copying your essay."

Why is he still fussing over that? "Well it's not like I really care, I was just surprised back then."

_______________________________________________________________

As the evergreen trees start to appear less often and more buildings fade into our view. I see small specks of moving figures further ahead.

I smile and gesture my hand towards the flock of buildings, "Welcome to Gravity Falls!"

__

As we're walking down the streets, there were only a few cars parked on the curb. People were glancing as we passed by them.

Kyle stated, "You didn't actually had to guide me around. I saw some of this town this morning."

Huh?

He pointed to the reddish-brown building on our right, "Look, that's the inn I'm staying at!"

Hank's Bed & Breakfast. Kyle sang, "The owner is pretty nice. He gave me free biscuits!"

I eyed the inn. It looks new compared to the other buildings. I don't think it was here during the first time I visit.

A short plump man just walked out of the inn. I squinted, he looks familiar.  The man glances around while acting fidgety. He noticed me and his sour smile faded instantly while waving.