6

Chapter 6

I was shocked. Why was Ashton here? Were the rest of the band here also?

His head snapped up.

"Tanner?!" He seemed just as shocked.

"I-Uh..." I cleared my throat and shook my head a little.

"How may I assist you?" I asked, calmly, trying to refrain myself from jumping over the counter to punch him and hug him.

I missed him so much, but at the same time I hated him for abandoning me, and not keeping contact.

"How.. What.. You work here? I.. Tanner.. I.." He stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"How may I assist you?" I repeated.

"I missed you so much, Tanni." He ignored me once again.

I looked up at him.

"Sure you did, Ash." I said, sarcasm clear on my voice, rolling my eyes.

Just then someone else walked in, of course that someone had to be Luke.

My eyes widened, as did his.

Ashton turned to see who walked in, then turned back.

I shook my head and looked back to Ashton.

"What do you want?" I said, just as Jameson walked in.

"Woah there, bug. They're customers, speak nicely." He warned before walking into the back, probably needing some tool.

I rolled my eyes and grinned at Jameson, know he knew exactly who they were.

"Oi, just shut it, love!" I yelled at him in a fake British accent, it being an inside joke, before turning back to the two.

"Do you need tires, air for tires? What can I help you with?" I asked.

"Uh, flat tire on the bus. Can you fix it?" Ashton asked.

I only nodded, stepping out from behind the counter.

"Show me." I spoke easily, ignoring Luke.

He nodded.

When I stepped up to the bus I could easily tell it had a flat.

It was tilted slightly on the left towards the back.

"This one." Luke pointed to one in the back.

(A/N: warning, I don't know much about tires and cars and shit like that. so I'll use the knowledge I have but I'm sorry if I get something wrong)

I nodded, kneeling down to inspect it while Ashton walked back in the bus.

"I.. Uh.. I didn't know you knew anything about tires." Luke said, awkwardly.

"Only the basics... Aha!" I said to him, as I found the source where it had popped.

There was a short rip in the tire towards the back, it was about an inch long.

"Well, I found the source, but you'll need a new tire. We can only patch up an a half inch or shorter." I explained, waving him over.

"See there?" I pointed to the hole.

He nodded.

"That's about an inch. You probably rolled right over a nail. We can't patch that. You'll need a new tire here. When did it pop?" I asked and patted the tire before standing up.

I turned to Luke, only to come practically face to face with him.

I could smell his minty breath.

"Uh, about 30 minutes ago..." He breathed.

I looked at him, his blue eyes bluer than ever.

I haven't been this close to him in a year and a half.

I could feel the shivers run down my back and my stomach explode with something.

I don't know whether it's butterflies or something else.

"Uh.. Well.. I- I'll uh.. Go tell Jameson.." I said, walking swiftly away, looking at the ground while I did.

That was the most awkward thing I've ever experienced and I..

I kinda liked it.

No! No! You still love Andy, remember?

Yeah.. But he doesn't love me back..

But he might! Plus, Luke doesn't deserve you. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

But.. Maybe I could give him-

A chance? No, Tanner. He doesn't deserve one.

I shook my head, before stepping into the garage.

Jameson was messing in the tool box while Kelby moved the car they had just finished out.

"Hey, Jamie, we got a flat tire on a tour bus. To big to patch it. They need a new tire." I called from the door.

I never liked going into the garage unless I absolutely had to. The bars and shit on the ceiling scared me

Andy used to make fun of me because of it.

I shook my head.

"You alright there?" Jameson walked up to me.

I looked up at him, the tears brimming my eyes.

"Ah, okay. Well, go in the back and pack up. I'll take care of this. You're shifts almost over anyway." He hugged me, patting my back.

I nodded, walking in with him. This time, all four boys were in the lobby. They all looked at me and i hurry into the break room to grab my stuff.

Grabbing my phone, charger, and headphones, along with my wallet and another monster, I grabbed a tissues and wiped my eyes before hurrying out to the parking lot, ignoring the boys.

But they ran after me.

"Tanner!" Michael yelled.

"I don't feel good just leave me alone!"
I hopped and my car and drove out of there as fast as I could.

--------------

Sorry this sucks :/