the night we met

*Ben Shapiro's POV*

       It was 2020, the night of one of big boy Trump's rallies. The political climate was rising as the election neared. I had already met Donny, but this night felt like we had truly met each other. When I looked into his eyes, I felt kindness and warmth. It's like I was looking into the eyes of someone who truly understood me. I stood in the crowd, surrounded by other sweaty supporters of Donny that wanted to get in his pants as much as I did. But no one knew that. I had my loving wife, Cardi B, who was always modest and supportive of everything I do. I could never tell her about my secret love. As Donny was giving a fantastic speech to his supporters, he turned in my direction and winked at me. At that moment, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I never felt that way with my wife or any woman in my entire life. What does this mean? I had already struggled with my gender.. now this??

     And there's the second big secret. I'm transgender. The only person that knows this is my wife. Even then, she berates me constantly about how she wishes I were cis. How she wishes I was normal. Maybe this is why I fell for Donald so easily. Because I feel like he wouldn't judge me for who I am. By the time I had finished daydreaming, the rally had ended. A flood of Trump supporters exited the building, but I stayed behind. Today was the day I would finally build up the courage to talk to him. 

       I walked past the large crowd of people until I eventually found him. I was nervous at first, so I just stood around in an attempt to look available as Donny spoke to a few other people. When he finally started walking over to me, I panicked and ran over to the bathroom. I immediately locked myself in a stall and waited there. I hated myself for ruining the moment I'd always waited for, but I knew if I went back out there I would look like an idiot. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I sat in the stall, cold and vulnerable. When all of a sudden, I heard the door creak open, and the tapping of dress shoes strut down the bathroom aisle. I covered my mouth so the person wouldn't hear me, and froze when I heard a knock on the stall door. 

       I opened it to see a warm face, staring directly into my eyes. It was Donald. He came into the stall and locked the door behind him. I looked up at him and he wiped the tears from my face with his tiny, orange hands. I shuddered as we stared at each other in silence with only the sound of our breath and the buzzing from the fluorescent lights that lit up our faces. Donny broke the silence by whispering in my ear, "I've been waiting for you." I blushed and smiled as he pushed me against the wall and began to kiss my neck. I pulled his face away from me for a moment so I could look in his eyes and say, "I've been waiting for you, too." We began to make out more for several minutes until eventually, we realized it was getting late and people were going to wonder where Donny had gone. 

     We cleaned ourselves up and as he was about to exit the bathroom, he lifted up my chin with his grubby finger and said, "Let's continue this later." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out. I waited for a few minutes before I left the bathroom so that it wouldn't look suspicious. Once everyone else had cleared the building, I headed straight for my car and drove home.

      When I got to my house, I tried to enter as quietly as possible, assuming Cardi B was already in bed. When I got to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, I turned the light on and saw Cardi sitting there, staring at me. I gasped and said "Uh... hi, honey.." "Why do you look so guilty? Where the fuck have you been?" Cardi said. She walked up to me and pulled down the collar of my shirt to reveal a large hickey. "What the fuck is this Benny?? I thought you were loyal to me!!" She ran upstairs and I followed after her shouting, "It's not what it looks like!" She slammed the bedroom door and locked it behind her so I couldn't get in. I slowly walked back downstairs and cried until I fell asleep on the couch. 

Was this all a big mistake?