006

fear

noun

a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety and well-being of someone

_________

Today classes had been canceled by the professor. Apparently, he and his wife were finalizing their divorce today. I didn't quite understand why the professor felt the need to tell us that, but I was slightly glad that there was no class.

I had gotten to sleep in for an extra two hours, have a real breakfast, and for the rest of the day, I'd get to hang out with Mark, which I hadn't done in a long time. After everything that happened yesterday, Mark hadn't even stepped out of his room. I truly didn't even know if he was here, but if he was, I was going to make sure that he and I had fun together today.

I walked to Mark's room and knocked on his door, "Hey, Mark," I yell. No answer. I open the door just a crack and peek in. Mark was still in bed at 4 in the afternoon. I scoff loudly and throw the door open, "Mark Lee, it is four in the afternoon, get your butt out of bed right now!" I snap, trying my best to sound like his mom did whenever she used to wake him up.

He turned in his bed, "Just five more minutes, Mom!" he whined, obviously not very awake. I chuckled and pulled the blanket off of him. He wasn't wearing anything except boxers. Boxers with watermelons on them. I laughed so loud that I was sure the people in the apartment next to us heard it. And it sure startled Mark enough to wake him up.

He took a second to process everything, "Yoonah!" he screamed when he noticed I pulled the blanket off him, "I'm practically naked!" Smiling, I tossed the blanket on the floor and threw open the curtains, "Oh shush, it's nothing I haven't seen before, now get dressed and come out, I want to watch a movie with you." I told him while pulling clothes out of his dressed and throwing them to him.

Mark pulled the blanket up over his shoulder, "I'll get dressed when you leave my room," he muttered. I turned around, his face was bright red and his hair stuck up in every direction. Crossing my arms, I raised an eyebrow, " Well hurry," I demanded. He shooed me out of the room and shut the door behind me.

I set up the tv, made the popcorn, and set out drinks for us, all the while Mark was supposed to be getting dressed. But it seemed like 20 minutes passed and he still didn't come out. I groaned and sat down hard on the couch. "Mark!" I call out. Once again, he didn't answer.

I groan loudly and dramatically and march towards his room. I heard his voice. "I can't tonight. I have school tomorrow," Mark paused, "No, I know I said. But- I know. No, I know. I get it, but- Don't even think about it," he stopped talking for a bit again, "Fine, I'll be there."

He was going somewhere tonight. I barged in, and he nearly threw his phone, "Yoonah, what the heck?"

"Who was that?" I asked. His eyes refused to meet mine, and he didn't respond. "Where are you going tonight?" I asked again. He sighed and rolled his eyes, "You're being nosy again. I'm just going to hang out with a friend, I swear," he said. If I'm being honest. It seemed suspicious because Mark didn't have friends beside me unless he had recently made some, but I wasn't going to being more annoying by questioning him about that as well.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of his room, "Well whatever, just come on. You can leave at 7 when the movie is over," I told him, pushing him down to sit on the couch. I turned the lights off, closed the blinds, and sat down next to him, then turned the movie on.

Mark sighed and leaned back, "Sorry about yesterday," he whispered. I flicked the side of his head, "No talking during the movie," I commanded. He flicked my head back, "Make me," he said in a prissy and sassy voice.