004

hate

verb

feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).
______________________________

I woke up in a really bad mood. Since I had to go on that damn date, I didn't have time to study as much as I needed so I ended up studying till 3 am. I didn't have school today, which I was thankful for, but I still had to study. I wasn't one of those naturally smart people. I had to study to be smart, and even that was hardly enough to make me get good grades.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I rubbed my eyes and threw my pen down on the table. It was Lucas, again. Groaning, I answered the phone, "What the hell do you want?" I yell loudly. He giggled, literally giggled, "Look outside your window," he said.

My heart dropped at those words. Not for a second day in a row. I could hardly stand seeing him yesterday. This was making my weekend 10x more unbearable.

I marched to my window and saw him standing on the sidewalk, waving up at me. I motion for him to leave. "I know you have to study or something, but come for a walk and get some fresh air. You're too pale!" he told me with a smile. I slam my curtains close and sit back down at the table. "No!" I yell into the phone before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Mark asks, strutting out of his room, looking half dead. I shook my head, "Just someone," I muttered. He sat down in front of me, "You look ugly," he told me with a tired smirk. I glare at him, "You do too, Marky-poo," I mocked, "it's literally 6 pm and you just woke up,"

He made a pouty face, "Yoonah-" a knock on the door interrupted him. Our heads turned towards the door. I knew exactly who it was. Reluctantly, I stood up and looked into the peephole of the door. My eyes widened and I pressed my back on the door, "It's him!" I whisper loudly. Mark shot up from his seat and rushed over, also looking into the peephole.

He pulled me away from the door, "Climb down the balcony while I distract him," he jokes. I think it was a joke, or no, I hope it was.

I ushered him away from the door, "He's not going to go away, I might as well answer it," I say. Mark hides in the kitchen as I pull open the door.

Lucas is grinning widely, "Let's go!" he insisted. I shook my head and nodded towards the books on the table, "I have to study," I responded. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out, "Please, let's just walk through the park so you can get some fresh air," he demanded. I pondered my options, then sighed, "Fine," I said, slipping on some sandals, "Mark, I'll be back soon," I yell to him.

When I didn't get a reply, I walked out the door and shut it behind, Lucas quickly pulling me along down the stairs. He sighed as we got outside, "Ahh, fresh air and fresh sun!" he remarked. I jerked my arm out of his grasp, "For your information, I get plenty of sun every day," I insist.

He makes a face and lifts my arm up to look at it, "Where? You're like the color of a cloud," he runs a finger down my arm, "Ooo and you're soft like a cloud," he giggles. I jerk my arm away, slightly weirded out by him. "Clouds aren't soft you idiot, they're wet," I yell, and immediately regretted my words.

I fake cough and look at the ground when I realize he could take my words in a very wrong way. Lucas ruffled my hair jokingly, "Moving fast, are we?" he joked. I exhale loudly, and slap his arm, "That's not how I meant it," I mutter.

He nods his head, "Hmm, I'm sure, but I'm Lucas. I have a thing for making girls-"

I slammed my hands over my ears, "I'm not listening!" I say loudly to block out whatever he was about to say. He pulled my arm down, "Okay, I'll stop," he chuckles, then it goes quiet for a while. It stayed silent for probably 15 minutes as we walked and it was hardly safe to say that it actually wasn't that bad.