s t a r s

The sky was illuminated by countless stars of the glimmering night, a single crescent moon hung asleep at its center. Jaehyuk had always been one to prefer night over day, and yet now he liked neither of them as they passed by with thoughts of Asahi that were there to stay. It had been but a week since the latter hid himself away to discover if he was someone worth looking for to Jaehyuk, but the Krneluce was yet to seek him for he was uncertain, and nothing could allay the trepidation that lived in places he didn't know had existed within him.

Like his heart, for example.

The fingers of fear griped at his heart that he hadn't been sure he quite had- not physically, but the emotions that swirled in it. He had been Leonzel; he had been the worst curse to befall Nesrin itself. For better or for worse definition, his existence had been an irreality. To feel more than loath and schadenfreude was a true foreign concept to him.

Papers undulated with the wind, dark eyes flickering with wine.

You are a star, Alkhela had said, lines of wisdom creasing her at the corners of her eyes as she smiled at him. Without darkness, you'd never shine.

Her gray hair soon fell to mantle her old face along with the fall of her frame, heading to the ground with the blood of her own spreading over to bedaub her garments.

Leonzel had killed her, without fear nor cunctation, spilling the blood of the only vampire in Arryn who hadn't wanted to see his head to roll down the execution grounds. It had been so easy, so remorseless, he hadn't doubted her words. His pearly whites only always showed a genuine smile, after all, every time he beheld the lifeless bodies of those that served the Lucif and Calhalev.

Pleasure in seeing their brethren suffer.

Pleasure upon hearing his family's voices diminish each time he became more of a callous killer.

Until now, he hadn't remembered, the words of yesteryear crawling back to make him suffer, Alkhela's missed voice echoing in his restless mind. He had just recalled, that before she had called him a star in the caelum, she had told him aught about himself that included his ineluctable fate, and the deceased Krneluce erupted into an uproar as they heard.

Her prophecy had been;

You shall always follow he who is holy, for you are vile.

You shall always yearn for the sun, for you wish to dissolve under its warmth.

The sun.

Truly jocular, his fate was.

To follow after the man whose name had been bestowed by god's apostles, to continually covet the man who was named after the sun. Yearning for the one who had been born to make him breathe his last, together with him.

Ettore Aleksandr Calhalev Starikov.

Of today, Hamada Asahi.

Of yore, Estelle Micahn Solet.

Estelle and Ettore. Two names of opposite nature, the sun and its unlike night; two vampires of different statures, one in penury and the other aristocratic. And yet, two of them were one and the same, in a beautiful being called Asahi.

To this day, Jaehyuk wanted him.

Asahi had gone to his homeland per his father's wish, a call received right after he had shaken off Jaehyuk's angered grip on him. At the music room where his identity had been disclosed, and memories submerged Jaehyuk in endless guilt and pain, drowning him in the truth that the two he had loved most- brother and lover- were in sooth the same; he had left his nepenthe alone for himself to answer elsewho.