// part four: friend //

Metal watched Y/n as she prepared herself for the day once again, the girl feeling more sluggish than usual.

"I wish I had slept on my bed, I feel so tired." She yawned, her head pounding and aching. She took medicine, although it wasn't having much effect.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you would be okay with me moving you." Metal apologized, though Y/n had no way of knowing if he meant it, as his robotic voice showed zero emotions. Though, unbeknownst to Y/n, he did feel quite sorry, he didn't know she'd end up in pain sleeping there.

"It's okay. Anyway, I have to go, I have school today. Do you think you'll be okay on your own?" Y/n asked, grabbing a bag sitting in the corner of her. She stuff some books and her laptop inside, slinging it over her shoulder.

"Why do I have to be alone? I can't come with you like yesterday?" Metal asked. Y/n shook her head, walking down the stairs as Metal followed her.

"Nope. The school doesn't allow that. You'll be okay, just don't let anyone into the house. I'll see you later, okay? I'll be back in a few hours." Y/n said, walking out of the door. Metal watched her for a minute, stepping out onto the porch to watch her leave.

Although, he felt slightly worried. He didn't want her to be alone, and he didn't want to be alone. He figured it'd be best to stay here, but... He wanted to go with her. And so, of course, he followed her, staying hidden as he roamed through the small town.

Y/n walked on the streets towards a nearby large building, while Metal followed not far behind on top of the buildings. Luckily, there wasn't enough people out this early for anyone to spot the azure robot.

As he followed Y/n, Metal suddenly felt dizzy, unable to stand up straight for a moment. He knew his battery was draining, but he didn't want to tell Y/n. He didn't want to bother the girl, she didn't need to get wrapped up in his problems. He was only staying with her, he didn't need to tell her anything.

Metal looked back down at Y/n, seeing she had caught up with a girl around her height. The girl had auburn, short hair, and her face was dotted with freckles. She had braces, and a pair of large, round glasses.

Y/n waved hello to the girl, grinning happily. The other girl gave her a smile and wave too, beginning to talk about something, which Y/n listened to and talked with her about. As the two were about to enter the school, Y/n began talking to the girl again, but the girl ignored her, walking inside. Y/n huffed, puffing up her cheeks, but quickly smiled and followed after.

"She has strange friends..." Metal mumbled to himself. He looked around the building through the windows, finally spotting Y/n in a classroom in the upstairs floor. Metal climbed a nearby tree, sitting down on a limb and leaning back against the tree, watching her.

She seemed distracted as her teacher handed her a paper. She stared out the window, deep in her thoughts. Metal couldn't help but wonder just what she was thinking about. What kind of things did Y/n like to think about? Her friends? Her family?

What kind of things did Y/n even like? Metal knew about her favorite games, but that was it. What other things would Y/n normally do? She didn't always spend her time inside playing those games, right?

Metal remembered when they first met in the woods. Why was she there? Did she like exploring? Maybe she could take him exploring with her. This was an interesting world after all, and Metal had nothing better to do. Besides, he did want to spend some time with the girl, she was very interesting.

Metal looked over at her, staring into her e/c eyes, noticing how much they shined brightly in the light. He watched as she struggled to focus on her work and complete it. Every time she made a mistake, she'd puff out her cheeks and erase it, then stick her tongue out as she thought of something better to write.