CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Vera turned around. She contemplated restraining the girl in front of her, but she looked fairly young and fragile. She was dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a leather jacket. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She was pretty. Vera felt Alexander next to her suddenly. 

“Who are you?” Vera asked curiously. She looked down at the picture. They looked happy together.

“Ella, what are you doing here?” Alexander asked. His eyes were hard, his hands in fists. Only a few days with Vera and it was all about to go down the drain.

“Alexander,” she said with a pleading look in her eyes, “I came looking for you, I’ve missed you...” she whispered stepping a bit closer. Vera grew more and more angry as Ella continued to speak.

“I miss you, I love you, come back to me Alexander,” she said with a tender smile.

Vera growled, baring her fangs. Alexander put a hand on Vera’s shoulder, relaxing her slightly.

“Ella, we’ve been over this. We’re done, we’ve been done for a long time. It’s time for you to move on; I have,” Alexander said crossing his arms. He had been patient with Ella for the the first few years after their split, but now it was just getting out of hand. He had Vera now, and he’d make sure no one took her away from him.

“We are not done, Alexander,” she growled. Vera held herself back and replaced her angry scowl with a calm face.

“Who is this? Your new whore? I’ll end her in less than a second,” Ella said stepping closer to Vera. Vera only smirked.

“Quite the confident one you are, yeah?” Vera asked in an amused tone. 

“I’ll rip you to fucking shreds,” Ella said through her teeth. She had an american accent, which meant she was fairly young in vampire years. Alexander stood back, knowing that he didn’t need to get involved if a fight should come out between Vera and Ella. 

“Give it your best,” she said with a wink. 

Ella came rushing at Vera in an instant, her fist coming terribly close to Vera’s face. Vera caught Ella’s fist in one hand. Ella’s look of complete confidence faded and one of fear took it’s place. 

“Leave,” Vera whispered, crushing Ella’s hand in hers. She yelped out in pain.

“No, he’s mine,” she said through her teeth, shutting her eyes tightly against the pain. Vera crushed her hand further, breaking many of it’s bones. It made crunching sounds as Ella hollered in pain.

“Fine!” she screamed. Vera let go of her hand and Ella stumbled backward, clutching her battered hand against her chest.

“But mark my words, I’ll come back. He deserves better than you,” Ella said with venom in her voice.

“Goddammit, Ella. Get the fuck out already. When are you going to get over this little obsession? Our bond faded years ago! I love Vera, and we’re together. That’s not going to change anytime soon,” Alexander yelled. Vera looked over to Alexander. His face was wrinkled in frustration. He loved her, but she wasn’t sure if she could feel the same.

“Leave, I don’t love you, Ella,” he said more quietly, relaxing himself. A tear ran down Ella’s face as she backed away slowly. 

“You’ll regret you ever said those words,” she screamed before jumping out the window and running into the surrounding woods.

“Well,” Vera sighed. “Care to explain?” she said turning to Alexander. He sighed as well, taking her hand and leading her down the stairs and to the couch. They sat down and Vera rubbed her forehead in frustration. 

“Less than a week and I’m already dealing with evil exes, huh?” She said with a chuckle.

“I’m so sorry, really. Ella and I were bonded around twenty years back. When our bond faded, she never stopped. Se kept looking for me and practically stalking me. She’s absolutely insane”

“Did you mean what you said? That you love me?” Vera whispered, looking deep into Alexander’s ice blue eyes.

“I do,” he said with a sincere smile. He took Vera’s hand in his. Alexander pulled her closer to him and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

“I don’t know what it is about you, Vera, my love. It might just be the bond, but I feel like I can’t be without you for another moment of my life. It’s never been this strong for me. Has it been for you?” Alexander asked curiously. He wondered if this is how a forever bond felt.

“No,” Vera sighed. She felt so absolutely drawn to Alexander it was nearly painful. The thought of him leaving her was unbearable to even think about. Alexander kissed down her neck passionately, grazing his teeth along her veins. She moaned quietly.

“I’m sorry, I can’t help myself,” Alexander said standing up and turning his back to Vera. Suddenly he felt a hot breath on his neck.

“You don’t have to,” Vera whispered as she kissed the crook of Alexander’s neck. He turned and picked her up in a swift motion. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he slammed her against the wall. Their chests were rising and falling quickly, their breaths coming out short. Alexander pushed his lips against Vera’s roughly. There would only be a few more months of this, this bliss. The the serpents would come for him. I have to make this last, he thought before he planted another kiss on Vera’s lips.