[4] sectumsempra

⋆☆.* ✧✰ .✦⋆*☆

WHEN REGULUS WOKE UP the next morning, Stella was in the bathroom, surely getting ready for the long day ahead of them...and avoiding him was most likely a bonus. The more he thought about that night's events, the worst he felt about it. He hadn't meant to shout at her; that was the last thing he had wanted to do, but she had brought up Sirius. No one brought up Sirius around him, that was just how things went. His parents hadn't said his name since their mother blasted him off the family tapestry; the Death Eaters only mentioned him when he was told to surveil his brother's flat, which had been a frequent job of his. But suggesting to go to Sirius for help...that was a whole different story. Why would she do that?

But was she right? Sirius was part of the Order, he openly looked down on Voldemort's cause. The Death Eaters knew that would be the last place Regulus would go, so they surely wouldn't think to look for him there if he was careful, and if nothing else, he could give Sirius information about—

No. It was a terrible idea. Sirius hated him, he had since Regulus had gotten the Dark Mark, and even long before then. Sirius wouldn't trust him, nor would he care that his own little brother was in serious danger, along with a perfectly innocent Muggle, because he wouldn't believe a single word Regulus said. It was a horrible idea; the absolute worst.

Or was it?

The bathroom door opened and Regulus was torn from his thoughts. For a moment, he and Stella locked eyes...and then she bowed her head and crossed the room without a word. For some reason, that hurt Regulus in a way he couldn't quite describe, but he refused to address it. He wanted to apologize, but he was far too stubborn for that; after all, she hadn't listened when he had said to drop it, right? So why should he apologize? But she seemed so hurt...

He abandoned his thoughts and got ready himself, and after a nice (and silent) breakfast, they were off again, avoiding the open road and heading for more trees. Neither of them said a word to each other, and no matter how hard Regulus tried, he couldn't stop thinking about his older brother. They had talked a few times at Hogwarts, but the last time they had properly spoken had been at 12 Grimmauld Place, just before Sirius stormed out for good. It had been years ago, yet the memory was still painfully fresh...

"You're leaving?" Regulus asked from the doorway to Sirius's room, watching as his older brother furiously threw things in his trunk.

"Of course I'm leaving, what do you expect me to do, Reg? I can't take another bloody second of this." Sirius and Mother had had a rather nasty row that had ended with the teenager being on the wrong side of a curse. It had hit his forearm, leaving a gash that was bleeding, not that he seemed to care. Regulus had brought the makeshift first aid kit with him to help when he noticed his brother packing.

"I understand," said Regulus quietly, stepping into the room.
"Here, at least let me..." Gently, he put a hand on Sirius's shoulder. Sirius flinched, but nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. Regulus sat beside him and immediately got to work.
"I wish we could use magic without alerting the Ministry, you really should go to St. Mungo's and get this checked out."

"I'm going to James's, Fleamont and Euphemia will be able to fix it, I'm sure."

"James, right..." Regulus's tone was a certain type of cold that Sirius didn't much care for, and it was a good thing that his arm was fully bandaged, because he stood up regardless.