Chapter 1- Dream's POV

I don't even know why I'm here. I long ago promised myself to never ever do anything with Sapnap if he was the one to suggest it. Yet, here we are, going to the place Sapnap said would be super fun to go to. I don't know how I could be so stupid, let alone talk everyone else into going with us. When Sapnap told me about the 'sUPeR CreEPy MAnSioN iN tHe mIDdlE Of noWHErE', I initially didn't want to go. It was stupid of Sapnap to even suggest the idea.

Yet somehow I let Sapnap convince me to go, and when I finally let him coerce me into going with me, I made George come too. He was my best friend, so I had to do something idiotic with Sapnap then he did too. And my little sister, Drista, caught wind of this and invited herself and her friend Ranboo. Thankfully, we've known Ranboo for a while and they are about our age and pretty cool so it wasn't like they were going to be a burden to us or anything.

We had to drive for an hour just to get to the forest that this place was in. The ride wasn't pleasant, especially since the car was packed with the most obnoxious people I know. With Sapnap listening to and singing "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira the entire time and George whining, complaining about and regretting his choice to come, it was a literal Hell.

Let's just say it was a long ride, a very long ride.

Once we got there, we had to leave the car and walk a mile just to get to the place. The forest the house was in had no road or anything to get into or through it, just a little dirt path to walk on. So we walked. You know, if you were a normal person and wanted to live in a nice house in the middle of a forest, you probably wouldn't make it so far away from everything, or maybe even just make a goddamn road to the actual house.

After what seemed like forever, but was probably only about twenty minutes of an agonizing walk through a forest in the dark, we finally made it there. The house was huge and obviously really old. It looked genuinely haunted, though I don't personally believe in stuff like that. I think Ranboo is really big on that kind of stuff though. Sapnap was the first one to actually go towards the house. The rest of us kinda just sat at the edge of the forest, watching him walk closer to the house. No one really wanted to do this once we actually saw the house.

After about a minute of waiting and watching Sapnap wonder around the yard surrounding the house, we all eventually lost sight of Sapnap. We started getting a little worried when he didn't come back over.

"I think we should go and look for him" George finally chimed in, looking at the others for approval.

Drista and Ranboo nod in agreement, and we head towards the house. Ranboo and Drista take the left side of the outside of the house and George and I take the right. We searched for a little while, by as Sapnap is nowhere to be seen, I get increasingly more worried.

Then we hear a scream.

I flash George a quick look to follow me and we start sprinting towards where the scream came from. Once we get there, I see Ranboo first just looking down at something on the ground. I didn't see anything else until we came closer. That's when I see Sapnap standing there, laughing, and Drista  laying on the ground, looking very startled, and frankly, kinda pissed.

"Sapnap jumped out and scared her" Ranboo stated as he saw George and I come over, explaining the situation to us. I just nod, giving a small smile before going over to help Drista off the ground. I reach down for her to grab my hand, and she grabs me and pulls herself up. She gives me a quick smile that I know was in place of a 'thank you.'

"Welp, let's get this show on the road" Sapnap said, still chuckling a bit because apparently scaring the shit out of my little sister is the funniest thing ever.

We reach the front door of the house when that eerie feeling finally kicks in and really takes effect. A thought comes to my head, 'am I really going inside a haunted mansion right now?' But by the time I could start to regret being peer pressured into doing this, I'm already following Sapnap inside. 

God, this is the dumbest thing I've ever agreed to.