27

'Argh! This is disgusting!'

Buttercup had received a spray of blood on her clothes as Brick gunned down one of the guards.

Cherri was busy aiming her gun at the men behind them, covering Buttercup and Brick.

'This already looks like a bloodbath! Why are we even here! It looks like someone already put up a fight in here!' Buttercup sighed at Cherri, who was now in front of her, trying to take the rifle of a dead man.

Buttercup, too, crouched down to take more guns, stuffing them around the belt on her waist.

'Stop right there!' A man shouted at the trio, pointing his finger at them as more men charged towards them.

GUNSHOT GUNSHOT GUNSHOT

GUNSHOT

GUNSHOT GUNSHOT

GUNSHOT

GUNSHOT

Cherri lunged forward, spun around and shot one of the men on the leg, he immediately fell to the ground, and she proceeded to do this to the rest of the men, barely needing more help from Buttercup or Brick.

Once the coast was clear they continued through the corridor the man who shouted at them came from, finding more bodies covered and slathered in blood.

'Someone has definitely been here.' Buttercup exclaimed, trying to tiptoe through the corridor without stepping on blood or any body parts of the bodies.

'Look.' Brick motioned to the door at the glass staircase leading to another level, with lots of other bodies slumped on there too.

'Whoever that someone is, they did all the dirty work for us.' Cherri said, not saying it directly to anyone but herself.

The group climbed up the stairs, Brick could hear noises like grunting and more gunshots, so this was where all the real action was.

----

'For fuck's sake, how many of them are there?' Bubbles yelled back at Boomer, who was too busy kicking a guy in the shins to notice what she was saying.

GUNSHOT

'What did you say?' Boomer asked offhandedly, trying to aim his bloody gun at a person nearing him.

Bubbles just snatched a shotgun off a fallen man and flung her small gun away, firing crazily at the men surrounding them. 'I said! How many of them-'

'What?' Boomer asked again.

'Oh my god! You know what? Nevermind. Fuck's sake,' Bubbles cried to herself, her eyes darting around as no more men entered the little junction between the corridors.

'Where should we go next?' Boomer questioned Bubbles, who suddenly stood in her spot frozen. 'Bubbles?'

'Shush.' She stuck a finger out at him, he quietened down. 'Do you hear that?'

'No?'

'Someone's coming?'

'Are they?'

'Yes, you idiot.'

'But no one's come from there since like 15 minutes ago.'

'Yeah but there are now!'

'Should we aim fire?'

Bubbles held down her gun reluctantly and said:

'No, let's see who it is first.'

'Okay.'