Chapter 18: Halloween

Pete POV 

Knot turned to me, I could sense that demon part of him building inside his body, something similar to some higher demons I've encountered back in Graiville. His eyes turned black. He bared his teeth and lunged at me. 

I glanced at Arthit, Third had rushed at him. Knot's earth magic slashed at me. It wasn't that painful. Knot spun around, swinging his leg as I crossed my arms to shield my chest. Something sent me skittering across the rooftop.

Steadying myself, I laughed a little at how strong this bastard was. A huge earth magic hand loomed before us, a titan's hand as if mother nature itself sprouted to life Arthit reached hungrily towards Knot while Kong shattered the hand with the Hellbreaker, cutting through the solid material like it was a meat.

"You and I are nothing but monsters! You have Prince Khai! What do you want?" Arthit screamed, yanking out a celestial laser beam-like, nearly as long as his forearm. Knot lifted his hand up as a huge wall deflected the beam. 

"Why so upset, master?" Knot yelled, his eyes were wide and insane. "If we are monsters, if we are the same, why are we enemies? This world has not changed for a thousand years. It is always a battle of good and evil."

Arthit clenched his teeth, then a current of humanoid shadows circled Knot, mimicking his actions. The shadows sprayed into Knot, forcing him to his knees. "There is no rightful ruler in this earth than Kong's brother."

Konng managed to glare aty Knot. "The King, Matthew and you are worshipping for P'Trae?"

I laughed. The laugh that seemed to enrage Knot more. The firebreather had finally conquered his own fears.

Kong flattened himself on the floor as—I was only halfway when Knot tossed huge rocks. I quickly shoved it off the sides, some darted in Kong's and Arthit's way.

A shadow blade was flying, whipping through the air, slicing Knot in the cheek.

Arthit dipped into the floor like it was spatial magic and lurched from Knot's feet, bringing a Celestial Sphere in a arcing sweep, it clashed with Knot's boulder.

Arthit knelt, gritting his teeth as he forced so hard to win until Kong struck the boulder, slashing it away, I heard it crash in the distance.

Kong hauled Arthit to his feet and they sped through the entryway and into the building.

I walked towards Knot  with my arms folded over my chest.

"Do we really need magic for this?" I grinned. 

"I just like my wizard magic." Knot said. His skin had turned back to normal as I let go of my own magic too.  "They make me feel like I could really use my demon side."

"Half-Demon, I see. Now this is interesting but your life seem much more lesser one. I feel bad for you."

"May I suggest that we should save the best for last." Knot smiled. "The last demon slayer I killed, he begged me to end his life. You don't strike me as the begging kind, Pete."

"You shouldn't have done that to my friends." The brute force of my cold voice made a satisfying flinch on Knot's face. 

"No. I knew all along that you would suspect me. But I just got so bored " Knot pouted. "As a personal challenge, I'll make your death quick."

"Alright." I stanced. "Let's make it quick."

We raced toward each other. A blow came. It would have knock me over if I hadn't move fast.

We were exchanging punches and kicks before I saw Arthit look at me and shout something, but I couldn't hear him over our fight.

I ducked, and an earth spikes almost chop my head off. Okay, that was a foul.