Chapter Three

Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted

Waiting for the Mikaelson's to arrive was nerve racking for Clara. She felt like she was being left out of the dust as she wasn't fully organised with what's going on or who's going to turn up with Hope or who was even in Mystic Falls. There was so many questions going through her head so she couldn't concentrate on the last minute emailing she had to do.

Slamming her laptop down closed she stood up and strutted down to the gardens where the one and only Jeremy Gilbert was finishing loading the last minute blood bags that they had to get in stock for this week.

"Jeremy!" Clara shouted while she walked over to him in her heels.

He turns round immediately and  smile grows on his face seeing his best friend "Hey Clara, everything alright?".

She stops in front of him and veins show up under her eyes but she quickly blinks them away "Has Ric spoken to you about the newly arrived guests in Mystic Falls?".

Jeremy furrows his eyebrows "No, I've been with Laura and the kids for the last two days why? And please don't tell me Damon and my sister showed up again. I've had enough of them to last a lifetime".

That's right Jeremy's happily married with two children, Jacob who is 7 and Anna who is 3. His wife is a witch so she knows all about the supernatural and his son has been to the Salvatore School ever since he was 4 because he's a little witch. But ever since everyone kind of left Mystic Falls Jeremy and Clara have gotten closer over the years after Stefan's death and helped with Henry who sees him and Alaric as a father figure.

"Okay well, don't freak out but it's the Mikaelson's. Like I have a feeling it's the full clan and if it is then the brother you know the one you killed with Elena rose from the dead so just don't cause any trouble I know you've matured but Kol is a thousand years old and his vengeance might still be intact." Clara explains with an apologetic smile.

Jeremy thinks for a minute "Wait that means that...Klaus?".

Clara takes a deep breath "Yes but from what Bekah's been telling me he's changed since he had a child and all" She says shrugging her shoulders.

"How you feeling about all this?" Jeremy asks concerned for his best friend.

Clara forces a smile on her face "It's been what like 15 years plus, I...I...I mean I've had time to feel sorry for myself and move on from the whole situation but it's just an unlucky situation. We're immortal Jer I was bound to run into him at some point, better late than never" She says and gives Jeremy a quick hug before walking away.

Jeremy goes to say something but he knows there's nothing he can say to make her feel better or even give her any reassurance because no matter what he says she's a Forbes and they overthink about every situation there not in control off.