Chapter Five

Salvatore Boarding House

To say that Clara was stressed would be an understatement, she was constantly walking around wide eyes just incase she had a unintentional run in with the hybrid himself.

He had changed a lot since she last saw him. He was a lot softer than what he used to be, even though you could tell he's only keeping it down for Hope she can still see right through him.

Hope Mikaelson had been at The Salvatore School for 3 weeks, she was happy as she could have been although Lizzie was a bit weary around her, Josie made her feel comfortable which put Clara at ease a little bit more and she was sure that Klaus and Hayley would also appreciate it.

It had been a few days since she last saw him and they had that semi-awkward convosation and he had asked who Henrik's dad was. Clara felt guilty about him not knowing that he was his father but in all fairness he had broke her heart so keeping something from him wasn't something she should have to feel guilty for and Caroline made her fully aware of that.

"No, Clara listen to me okay. He doesn't have the right to just show up at YOUR home and expect your trust and love. If he wants to have anything to do with you made him work for it." Caroline explains through the phone

Clara sighs "But I can't help it. I feel guilty that he doesn't know that his first born, who he doesn't even know even exists. And with me, he once told me that I was the only person he trusted 100%. I feel bad for breaking that."

Caroline scoffs "Well you need to stop feeling bad ok? He broke your heart Clara! Or am I the only one remembering the nights you would stay up all night crying because you thought you weren't good enough. Were you locked yourself in your room for over a week and Damon stormed in the house to break the door down and your whole room was trashed. Stop feeling bad Clara! He deserves everything he gets, he dug the whole now he has to bury himself out of it." That was the truth Clara realised.

Everything he had done to her broke her, the only person who she had to live was Henrik after he cheated and left. And the sad truth was she was going to give him up and then end it all, although everyone else might have though that that was pathetic and he's only a guy. To Clara he was never just a guy that you could get over. He was Klaus, the guy who changed her whole life; the one who promised her everything and anything. But left the broken pieces for only her to pick up and she couldn't handle it.

But she did, after a lot of persuasion from Damon, Caroline and Jeremy as Bonnie was away and Elena was crying because of what Stefan was going through she realised that she needed to at least put on a smile and pretend to be okay, for Henrik, for her friends. No for her family. And she couldn't appreciate them more for that.

Clara's eyes watered and she nodded despite Caroline being able to see her "Yeah your right Caroline, but it's been years and years since all of that happened. He's changed for, Hope... and as much as I hate to admit it, apart of him done it for Hayley too." She says sadly as her words got more quiet.