20. Princes on Horses

The next day was like the others, they got up, got dressed, went to have breakfast at the secluded Mansion where meat was forbidden but when they sat down together it clicked that their guide was no longer here. Yesterday night before going to bed they repeated in their heads, all of them, that they needed to be their own helper, their own guide. "We are in this together." Jihyo stepped up. "If we are on the true path this has to work out."

Now since the source of the disease was water they had to research about ways to purify it. "We need to inform them as soon as possible." Nayeon urged. "Yeah otherwise it would take, heavens forbid, many other lives." So during the free time they researched different ways to purify the contamination of the water. And ofcourse Sana and Momo were busy with making the outfits. That day they did not go to the village instead did the preparations.

"This has medicinal properties, we should advice them to boil these leaves with water." Dahyun said.

Chaeyoung looked at the leaf. "basil ?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is said to produce oxygen even during night." Jungyeon explained walking in.

"How much longer?" She asked as it was already close to midnight. Both of the younger exchanged glances giggling.

"we were waiting for you to come and get us actually." Dahyun said as Jungyeon sighed.

"Fine let's go." They quietly closed the greenhouse doors and moved behind the oldest. They were about to turn towards the dormitories when they heard footsteps.

"Shh" Jungyeon whispered as they came to a halt. Their heartbeats elevated as the footsteps became loud and faster. If someone saw them here a lot of questions would be raised and there was a high chance of their plan getting exposed.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung exchanged horrified glances as the sound of the footsteps suddenly came to a halt.

"Jungyeon?" Shit. They were caught. The said person looked back at the Youngers and then glanced back "I can explai-" her words were cut off when the person lifted hurricane lamp to their face. The golden light making it visible.

"Mina?" All three of them said in unison.

"And Tzuyu" Tzuyu also came into view suddenly.

Jungyeon sighed. "I don't know if this is because it is your first year and you don't know the intensity of strictness of the rules or because you just simply want to rebel... please think a bit about your actions."

She heaved a sigh. "We can't get caught."

The Youngers had their heads hung feeling like getting scolded. But Jungyeon decided to let it slide this time because they could still be spotted. Like always they followed their tiptoeing plan with Jungyeon at the front.

Thankfully they got to their rooms without getting spotted. The next day when they were having breakfast Jungyeon asked.

"But why were you and Mina out so late?"

Jihyo stopped mid drink "what?" Chaeyoung sighed.

"Yesterday while we were researching in the green house, we lost track of time. Jungyeon came to take us and there we met Tzuyu and Mina."

The four of them nodded. "We were just preparing the archery materials like asked to."

"Yeah that's okay.." Nayeon began "but make sure not to stay past the curfew."

Jungyeon scoffed. "It was almost midnight." A couple of gasps left the mouths of the princesses. "That could be dangerous." Sana scolded her juniors. They expected more scolding but before anybody could say more...a teacher interrupted them. "What could be dangerous?" The vice head-mistress asked as she stood near the table.

"Good morning miss." They greeted.

"Would you fancy some morning tea?" Nayeon offered.

"we have some breads too" Momo added. She let her eyes wander around and she sat down with them.

"Just the tea will be fine." There was an awkward silence as nobody dared to speak. The middle aged woman took her first sip before speaking. "I was wondering where you were all these days. I was worried if you were skipping breakfast."

"We were just exploring different cuisine"Jihyo offered.

"And the environment is often splendid so we decided to continue eating breakfast here." Nayeon added. The teacher nodded taking another sip.

"I thought you were plotting some sort of plan." Her tone was light and she most probably was only joking but they fell silent, suddenly afraid that their secret would be revealed.

"Of course not!" Jihyo broke the silence faking a laugh and others joined in soon before she could get and more suspicious.

That evening it was decided that Mina, Jihyo, Dahyun and Sana would sneak out. Their classes were over early so they decided it would be safe to go while it was still afternoon. They had covered their faces for the first of their journey but since it was getting hot they decided to just let the scarf hang around their necks. Which might have been a bad idea.

As they were going through the forest path once again, there was a loud cheer heard somewhere. They halted immediately.

"Hey! Wait"

"Ride faster"

"Should we hide?" Sana asked  uncertainly. But the sound of the men  was really close.

"Hide immediately." Jihyo said as they sprinted their horses into the trees. They got off their horses and kneeled beside them.

"They had been here the other day too." Dahyun whispered.

"What? But you never told us." Jihyo said.

"Yeah..I forgot."

"But who are they?" Sana whispered asked.

"No idea." Dahyun replied. Jihyo peeked through the bushes.

"As usual you're fast." The man on the brown horse said to his companion.

"Of course! I am the fastest prince." The other man replied.

The voice did sound familiar to her, but she wasn't sure where she heard it. On top of that she couldn't even see the faces because of the bushes and trees.

"Buddy what is it?" She heard Mina's whisper and turned around to see her struggling with the squirming horse.

"Stay still"

"Is there anybody?" One of those two shouted.

And that startled all four of them. But now hearing that voice the white horse escaped Mina's loose hold and went out.

"oh no...it had some herbs!" Dahyun said in a whisper. Hearing this Mina quickly sprinted behind the horse.

Before Jihyo could stop them Mina and buddy were both out of the hiding. "Buddy" Mina exclaimed behind finally getting hold of the reign stopping it from moving any further towards the prince on the black horse. It was then that she realised what she had done.

Jihyo slapped her forehead before looking at them but as soon as she saw the face of the prince's she couldn't help but exclaim rather loudly "Oraeboni?" Sana and Dahyun snapped their heads towards her. The man she called out to also heard her voice and looked at her direction. Jihyo felt like she had made an eye contact with the person but she quickly covered her face with the scarf and moved into hiding.

"Crystal?" Meanwhile the other prince exclaimed looking at the white horse. He was both surprised and happy. Mina was shocked to hear that coming from the prince. The said person's eyes travelled to Mina's uncovered face. And now his reaction was even absurd. He stared at her with his mouth slowly gaping "and you are the forest fairy." He breathed.