Chapter 2 - Maker's Mistake (1)

“Game, start!”

At the compulsion, Jin stiffened and shook his head. He was a man who had never succumbed to oppression. He slowly pressed his hand against his younger sister’s forehead in warning as she tried to forcefully push her upper body over the counter.

“If you don’t have any credits, then you are banned from accessing it.”

However, his sister Goro Jeng didn’t back down.

“Just try connecting as a test. Oppa is always doing everything, which is why you don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Cash or credit?”

“Ah, why do you want to receive money from your little sister!”

“There are other customers waiting behind you, so please hurry.”

“Wah. Really.”

Jengʼs face turned red as she heard the laughter behind her. She extended some bills clutched in her fist.

“You are lacking 500 won…”

“Shut up. I’m going to school!”

Jeng stuck her tongue out and ran away from the cafe. Jin smiled as he looked at her back.

The customer waiting for their turn came up.

“Jin-ssi’s little sister is always cheerful.”

“I wish she was calmer. Did you want an Americano?”

As the man who ran a quiet cafe, Goro Jin always had a kind smile. His tall, slender body and gentle atmosphere meant that quite a few female customers stopped by to see him every day. It had been less than one year since he opened Cafe Reason, but the relaxed atmosphere meant that it was always frequented by regulars.

“Jin-ssi, are you playing Elder Lord?”

“I’m not good at games.”

“It’s a virtual reality game so you should be okay. Jin-ssi should give it a try. Don’t you think that there are more people playing the game than people not playing it?”

“Haha. Is that so? Here is your Iced Americano.”

“Please let me know if you ever start. I’ll help you, as my level is quite high.”

Elder Lord was a virtual reality game that started its service a few months ago.

It already dominated the virtual reality game market due to: the perfect reality that couldn’t be compared with existing games, the unique game system, and the fact that the rate of assimilation affected a player’s abilities.

Role-playing users who shot movies of their characters were broadcasted during the golden time, while the revenue of the rankers surpassed that of celebrities and sports stars.

The fact that virtual reality was starting to replace reality had now become a slogan. This was the age of Elder Lord.

Ian bought a connection capsule for Yiyu a while ago, but now she wanted him to join her. He could guess the reason why Yiyu was doing this.

Elder Lord was very difficult, and it was hard to level up and improve one’s abilities. Monsters and NPCs were also very strong, so most of the first-time users suffered. They were strangers who entered the world of the NPCs and started from the bottom, so soon after Jeng started, she couldn’t help but whine to Jin to help her.

A person’s real abilities could affect their performance in Elder Lord. A player’s physical abilities depended on the character, but players could reproduce techniques that they already knew. It was rumored that rankers were people skilled in martial arts or acrobatics.