Chapter 1 - Falling down

Joanna's POV

Today is my seventeen birthday. I really don't think that I have something to celebrate. My life is good and I am a lucky girl because I was adopted. Sometimes I think that I could be in the foster system yet but I was lucky and I was adopted by a family when I was 8 months. According to my parents I was found in the corner of the street, which is really weird.
Anyway, my friend Alice was coming to my house so we could celebrate.
I jumped out of the bed and went to the kitchen where I found my mum
"Good morning." - I said
"Hey, sweetheart. Why are you already awake?" - she question me
"Im going to meet Alice. I should be going." - I say while I kiss her goodbye
"Wait! - she yells - I have something for you." - she said while she gave me a little box - "It's you're birthday present."
I opened it and saw a necklace with an small pearl on it.
"It's so beautiful. Thanks mum." - I say while I hug her - "Can you please put it on me?"
"Course. Don't you want to take that?" - she question pointing to the necklace in my neck.
I just said "no" with the head. It is a little golden tree, the family tree. What is funny because I have it since I was found and it probably was my birth parents that bought it to me. The family tree and they abandoned me.
"You know that you're father can't be here today so you can make you're wish now." -she said when she put a candle in a cupcake.
"My wish?"
"Yeah, you should wish after you blow the candle.
"Okay"- I said and then I blow the candle - "Thanks mum."
I leave the house and Alice was already there waiting for me. My family has two houses, so when it is weekend we go to the big house. It's like a mansion and has small woods near which is ours so I like to go there to practice with my bow and take walks.
"Hey, birthday girl!"- Alice said
"Hey. Shall we go?"
"Yes. We go by bike right?"
"Yeah,but then we need to go into the woods because I left the bikes in the street after the fence.
"You know how to get there?"-Alice asks
"Course. But there is a trill so we can't lose each other.
"Okay, fine."
We walk silently for a few minutes, so I break the ice.
"My mum was very strange today"
"Why's that?"
"She told me to wish something"
"Like a birthday wish?"-she snapped
"It was weird"
"What did you wish?- I couldn't believe she was asking me that
"I didn't wish anything"- I answer her
"Come on, you must want something"
Maybe I want something. I want to know why my birth parents gave me away. I want to know that but I don't want to hurt my parents. I like them to much for that.
"Hello - she said waking me for my thoughts - is someone in there?"
"I want to know why my birth parents abandoned me."
"I know. I want that to. You know, you're not the only adopted lass here"
In that moment we were already in half of our way, so I thought in get my bow and arrows. I went to the tree where I hide the bow and take it out of the tree hole. Alice just stare at me, she already know I had my bow there. I had hang some targets with her help in the woods.
"Are you going to train?"- she asked
"Nop, I'm just going to take it with me. I will let him near the fence so when we came back I can take it home.
Then I just continue walking, it was less than a mille to the fence. I feel the floor disappearing from my feet and I fall through an hole. I hear Alice yelling my name, but I couldn't answer because I hit with my head and black out.

______________
Hope you enjoy :) - JM