Chapter 14: Ending

The Tech-Com soldiers make it back to Los Angeles. They see that the machines there have also shut down too. The people there are celebrating. Sora and his friends smile at this. They know that this world is now free from Skynet and the machines. Just then, a recon team said they spot four men going into the old hotel base. Sora looks at his friends, knowing that one of those men must be Derek. The leading man of the team name Sumner is an old friend of Derek, and he takes them to where the men are at. Star also goes with them. They find another entrance to the base that hasn't been destroyed. They walk through the halls, to where the bunkrooms are at. They all shine their flashlights everywhere, and they spot the men. One of them is Derek. Sumner sees him.

Sumner: (To his men) Stand down.

Soldier: Stand down, stand down. 

Sumner: (Walks to Derek and shakes his hand) Reese. Derek Reese. 

Derek: (Smiles, and shakes his hand) Sumner. 

Sora: Derek!

Derek: (Smiles) Sora! 

Riku: You're okay, man. We're glad you're all right. 

Sumner: I thought we lost you guys to the junkyard. 

Derek: You did. (Looks at Sora and his friends) I'm glad you guys are okay too. 

Kairi: (Looks at his arm, and sees the same laser scan tattoo) You too?

Derek: (Looks at it) Yeah. But what happened here?

Sumner: (Looks at the area) Skynet found it, five nights ago. We had a patrol out on the perimeter before an infiltrator snuck around us, and went straight for the hole. It killed some of our troops before your brother and friends took it down. But then Skynet sent its forces here. Killed more of our troops, and some of the civilians. Only took a few prisoners. We had no choice to blow it. But your brother got Connor out while it happened. 

Derek: But how did Skynet know though?

Sora: (Sighs) Because of one of your own. Private Alex Stone. He turned traitor and sold us out to Skynet. 

Riku: He went crazy. He said he got orders from his brother, Gabriel. 

Derek: (Shocked) I thought he died. 

Kairi: (Shakes her head) No. He did survive. He was working for Skynet. 

Derek: Where'd you guys go after this?

Sumner: Well, remember the Colorado offensive? 

Derek: Yeah.

Sumner: Then you'll be pleased to know...it was our victory. We had to put all the firepower we had into it. We lost a lot of men. 

Derek: So, Skynet has been destroyed?

Sumner: Yes. Connor sent in Sora and his friends, along with Captain Perry, Lieutenant Luna, including your brother and Star, to go deep into the place, while we were all outside fighting. Hours later, the machines all shut down completely. Your brother radioed in, telling that the core was destroyed. After that, Captain Perry, Lieutenant Luna, Star, and your friends came out, and Connor blew the place to heck. 

Derek: So, what about Kyle?

Sumner is silenced, trying to avoid Derek's eyes. Derek looks at him and at the heroes. They all look down too. 

Derek: Guys, what happened to my brother? 

Sumner: No one ever saw your brother again. 

Sora: And Derek, Kyle told us...to tell you that John will tell you everything.