Chapters 9-10

FAÏZ

Lost in his thoughts, he stood by the living room windows. Outside, the rain was still pouring as hard as ever, while the wind was crashing against the windows, making them vibrate slightly. The young man could see neither the raging and threatening ocean in the distance, nor the silhouette staring at him in the darkness, in the middle of the stairs. His mind was far away, thousands of miles from here, on Eros, and more precisely on this beach where the Banshee had come to predict the tragic end of this war against evil. It was close by now. Zoe would soon find out the truth. She had already lost a lot, but would she survive these new events that would undoubtedly change her life forever? She'll never forgive you, the young man whispered to himself.

"Who won't forgive you?"

A crystalline and melodious voice right next to him brought him back to the present moment. As he lowered his eyes to Zoe, he felt he was losing his balance. Faïz restrained a grimace in front of this woman who was doing him as much good as harm, but he couldn't live without her. He twisted his eyes into hers, always as surprised by the absolute depth they radiated. Her pupils, like emeralds, haunted him even today in his own dreams, or rather in his own nightmares.

"Faïz?" now the young woman said, worried, arms crossed, desperately waiting for an answer from him.

"Come," he said in a low voice, reaching out his hands.

Taken aback, Zoe hesitated for a brief moment before being caught up by this captivating tension, producing an overwhelming sensation on her. She yielded to this desire that she couldn't control, just like her thoughts, which became incoherent and completely out of her control in front of this man whose personality stood out from the common man. When her hands grazed the palms of Faïz, he inflated his lungs. Many different emotions mixed in him at that moment. Nothing was sweeter in his eyes except his daughter's kisses.

"What's wrong?" Zoe insisted in a voice that faded at the end of her question.

"How could there be anything wrong?" murmured the young man. "Near you, the darkness no longer exists."

Listening to her words full of sincerity, Zoe captured, for a moment, an imperceptible sorrow. She bent down to give him a brief kiss on the lips, but returned immediately to kiss him this time in a more insistent way. Faïz's warm and gentle hand passed gently under Zoe's sweater. He grazed her back and then his fingers drew her spine. The smell of the young woman seeped into his veins. The warmth of her body against his was no longer enough for him. The panicky fear of losing her never left him, he needed proof that she still loved him. She had to give herself to him as she had on that first night together. The young man knew how much it meant to her. He wanted her heart, but he also wanted her unconditional love.

He detached himself to contemplate her for a moment. The hot flashes had tinted her cheeks. He caressed her lip with his thumb, his eyes filled with desire. The muscles of his body, still glued to hers, were contracted without him being able to relax them.

"You never left my thoughts," Faïz confessed to her in a painful voice. "If you only knew..."

Zoe put her finger over his mouth to stop him from continuing.

"I know. Now I know."

"Let me wake up every morning by your side," he begged.

She moved a little further away from him and grabbed the hand of the dark brown haired man and brought it to her cheek. He saw that anger, resentment and hatred had deserted her eyes, giving way to the greater tenderness she felt for him. Zoe nodded and added:

"That's a good thing. I want you to be the first thing I see in the morning when I open my eyes."

With her hand in his, she then invited Faïz to follow her to her room.