Meeting the Family?!

Army POV 

It had been about seven months since Aloha and I got together. Since I found his cute notebook which I still made him keep despite his complaints. He kept it anyway. It was then that we had to talk about something. Parents. Yes, our parents. It's not that I had anything against Aloha meeting my parents or the other way around...it's just nerve racking. What would my parents think of ME? That was my biggest question. 

So, when we finally got both family's together, it was a little terrifying. It was only our parents and siblings. Aloha has an older sister named, Coral and his mother's name is Sandy, his father's name is Splatter. My mother's name is Mei. My father's name is Camo Stealth. I have two older siblings, a brother who's a good four years older than me and his name is Manu. And a sister who's only two years older than me, Kami. Coral and Manu are similar in the speaking way of they have a sibling four years younger than them. 

When the time came for me to meet Aloha's parents and for him to come out to them, I couldn't help but fidget endlessly. He agreed to go first because his parent's were usually somewhat laid back. He told me not the mention the endless parties and drinking. He said definitely NOT to mention the drinking. Or the few times, once or maybe twice, when he's vaped. He stopped himself because I didn't like the vape. So, he didn't do it more than just once or twice. I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was once but Aloha think's it was twice. 

I wasn't sure anymore. I didn't really care either way. My parents and brother would be here in two hours. So, I hoped this wouldn't last too long. Aloha tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to face him. He smiles at me. 

"I promise, they're nice, they don't bite~!" He teases. I nod. 

"I know that, Aloha, I do. But, I can't help feel nervous, will they feel any different about you?" I ask. "Now that we're...together," I whispered the last part. 

"What?" He asks. "No, no, no. They won't. They aren't like that, quit trying to impress them and just be chill, ok?" He asks, giving me a reassuring smile. He wore his normal outfit but without the blue button up, he ditched it back in his room...which felt more like our room now. 

I helped him pay rent here anyway. It's not like I lived anywhere special. My team and I lived together before but Aloha didn't like being alone so I stayed here. I've pretty much moved in with him. I rarely ever leave him alone because he hates it. I've always been afraid to leave him alone for too long. Afraid of what he could tell himself or do to himself. 

A knock interrupted my thoughts and Aloha went to answer it. His family stood there. He opened the door and let them in, while I double checked everything. Nope, we cleaned it to the perfection. So long as nobody went into our room it was fine. Aloha locked the door anyway. 

His family walked in and they greeted Aloha who happily greeted them back. Just be normal! Be normal! It's just Aloha's family...it's just your boyfriend's family who could judge you unworthy of their son...oh my cod, stop. Army, stop. What would Aloha think if he knew what I thought? He would probably think it was ridiculous and tell me to be chill about it. Now that I think about it, that's something he would do, isn't it? Aloha walks in and gestures to me, waving me over to him. I walk over to him and he leads me into the living room I knew so well. 

His family wasn't being snoopy or anything. They looked pretty relaxed, calm, even. 

"Hello, you must be Army! I'm Sandy! That's Splatter, my husband, and this is our girl, Coral." Sandy explains. I looked around at them and waved. Coral's coral was pink, like Aloha's, Sandy's color was a peach color, Splatter's color was a deep, dark pink that faded into a peach color. They all had a sorta calm feeling about them. Aloha smiled at me.