Preliminary Partnership - Part V

"Have you signed the papers?" Rachel's sweet voice asked on the phone when Vincent answered.

"Must you start every conversation with that question?" Vincent sighed. "What did you really call me about, Rachel?"

"Well, you see, there is a bit of a situation and I need you to get your soon-to-sign-the-papers ass over here."

"Over...where exactly?"

"I'll send you the information," she hung up promptly.

"Did she really need to call me? She could've done that all in a text to start with," Vincent sighed and shoved his phone back into his pocket. He looked at Reficul, grinning at him, and sighed again. "What are you still doing here?"

"I thought you said you solved that case, were you lying, Detective?" Reficul chuckled.

"I wasn't lying, Mr. Venus," Vincent crossed his arms and suppressed a smirk. "I did solve the case but that doesn't necessarily mean I caught the killer yet."

"Well, seems to me that killer is making a scene."

Vincent's phone vibrated with a message concerning the address. He walked out of his home and Reficul followed. "Are you still insistent on following me around like a puppy?" Vincent opened the door to his car.

"You're so entertaining, how could I not?"

...

"Stay in the car," Vincent checked the gun in his holster and closed the car's door.

"Absolutely not," Reficul got out and adjusted his suit jacket.

"Stay in the car, for the love of-"

Reficul raised his hand to cut Vincent off, "Don't finish that please, I have some father related issues."

"Oh? Mr. Venus, the infamous playboy and club owner has daddy issues?" Vincent suppressed the urge to smirk and carefully opened the door. He gazed out at the scene and continued walking with caution. Reficul, on the other hand, didn't seem bothered and just walked without a care in the world. Vincent clicked his tongue and frowned.

Towards the back of this warehouse situation was a man tied to a chair. Vincent looked around for hints but Reficul ignored his caution, once again, and walked towards the guy to release him. Julius Pitt. An up and coming actor. Reficul must've triggered a trap of some sorts because a red alarm light started to go off and the room was flooded with security. Grimsby Keane, another famous rich person, walked into the room with his hands in his pockets. He smiled at Vincent.

"It seems to me you've gotten lost, Detective Phantomhive," Grimsby gestured to his men to drop their weapons. "Please place your weapon on the floor and leave. This is not a matter that concerns you."

"You're under arrest, Grimbsy Keane, for the death of Irene Diaz." Vincent grabbed his gun and pointed it at Grimbsy instead of listening to his warning.

"You can't arrest me, Detective Phantomhive, I have people for that sort of thing," he chuckled. "Let's be realistic, shall we? You're going to leave here and forget whatever may or may not have taken place. Then, perhaps you'll be rewarded with a handsome sum."

"Oooo, bribery, I see, nice temptation," Reficul nodded.

"Why did you kill her?" Julius started crying. "She did nothing wrong!"

"Did nothing wrong?!" Grimsby scoffed. "She left me, a respectable individual, for the likes of you. You couldn't have made her happy! She was used to a rich lifestyle!"

"We love each other!" Julius sobbed. "That's all we need!"

"Irene cheated on you and you killed her for it and are now planning to torture and kill her lover," Vincent glanced towards Reficul. If he remembered correctly, Reficul was also in something of a physical relationship with Irene. That could put him in danger. He hoped Reficul had enough sense to take this sentence as a warning to keep his mouth shut. But, unfortunately, Reficul being who he is...