Chapter 4: Shawty I Don't...Mind

So here I am with Luke at McDonalds. I have a Double Cheese Burger and some fries.

"Are you really going to eat 50 chicken nuggets?" I asked looking at his food on the table.

"Yesh" Luke replied with a mouth full of chicken nuggets.
"Why do you want one?" He tried to hand me a chicken nugget.

"No, no I'm fine" I smirked biting a fry.

Luke took a gulp of the rest of the food and lightly patted his chest.

"Why are you so mean?" He randomly asked. Was I even being mean right now? I thought I was being quite nice right now.

"What? I'm being nice!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah...right now"

"Why are you not so mean?"

He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"You're just so difficult!" he laughed.

"I'm not really that difficult" I pouted.

"Whatever" Luke rolled his eyes again.

"I'm ready to go" I said becoming irritated.

"Wha-? I'm not even done my Mcnugg-" he paused and looked at me "fine...whatever, fine lets go" he said grabbing his food and drink.

"Okay" I mumbled as I grabbed my food and drink also.

We walked over to the car and both got in. The time was 5:58 pm and this just might be my dinner.

"So, you wanna go home?" Luke asked looking for a station on the radio.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna get home and change, then check into work later" I said smirking. It's no point in trying to sugarcoat it, he already knows I'm a stripper.

"Oh" he paused for a second "why do you work there?" He asked slowly.

"I dunno, why not?" I answered his question with a question, one of my specialties.

"Well doesn't your mom, like, does she know what your doing?" He asked.

I stiffened to the mention of my mother. I hate her. I don't care if she is my mother and pushed me out of her vagina, I hate her!

"She doesn't mind" I replied through gritted teeth.

"Well if she doesn't...Shawty I don't, mind... if you dance on a pole that don't make you a h-" he sang before I stopped him.

"Shut up" I say through my teeth putting my hand up to him to stop him from talking.

"My bad" Luke replies holding his hands up in surrender.

We drive the rest of the way in silence. I'm so...irritated, not mad, which I feel like I should be, but irritated and annoyed. Luke really pissed me off with his Usher "I Don't Mind" cover. I know he hasn't been at this school to long to know a shit load about me, but, I also know people probably are already telling him rumors about me. But hey, I don't mind.

Luke clears his throat taking me away from my thoughts.

"Look..." He stopped me from climbing out the car. When I stopped to look at him he looks surprised by my actions.

"I'm sorry about the whole...song...thing. It was a bad joke and it wasn't funny. I really am sorry." He said looking into my eyes, trying to see what I am thinking, I guess.

"Okay" I mumbled getting out of the car.

"Okay?" He looks puzzled.

"Yes, okay. Bye" I said slamming the door but I hear the window roll down. Is he serious?

"Wait!" He paused and ran his fingers threw his short hair before continuing "are you, are you mad? You know, at me?"

"No" I said and turned around and ran up my steps and opened the door before he could say anything else.

Luke is, nice, likable even, but I can't like him. He's too nice. My phone rings and the word 'Mark' shows up on the screen. I pick up my phone and hit the ignore button and wait for him to call back. Like I expected him to, he does, this time I answer.

"What" I bark into the phone.

"Well hello muthafucker" I can hear his smirk.

"What do you want?" I reply in a monotoned voice.

"I wanted to speak to my girl" his words make me all funny inside, but I know better than that.

"Okay..."

"Why didn't you answer my call?" His tone becoming serious.

"I was busy, why are you calling?" I replied ready to hang up

"Busy doing what?" He asked with a lot of rattling in the background.

"What do you want Mark?" He's really irritating me.

"Come through? I need you," he pleads

"No"

"Yes, I'm coming to get you so be ready in about an hour,"

"What if I'm not home?" I test

"Be ready, I'm comin' babe, you will be too" I can hear his amusement in his little joke.

"Shut up!" And with I hung up.

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go or not. I know Mark looks out for me, and I really do appreciate him, but he's always fucking with my emotions. He makes me think I'm the only girl in his life, and he really wants to be in a relationship, but then he just changes everything up on me. Mark is so damn confusing.