Chapter 2

“So around one hundred years ago there was this boy named Edward. He was your stereotypical nerd. Glasses, weird shirts, everything. He sat in this very forest everyday. Possibly even this very spot. People bullied him quite a bit and they followed him here.” The black haired one said. I think it’s time i put my devious plan into action.

I used my powers to grow roots around the fire that quickly moved and curled themselves tightly around the ankles of the four teens. I slowly walked into the clearing and being the humans they are, they started screaming. I used more of my power to grow the vines to wrap around their mouths. That should keep them quiet.

“Those bullies did follow me here, and they were people just like you; Snobby, uptight, popular, and full of themselves. They bullied me everyday by pushing me down the school stairs, punching me when the teacher wasn’t looking, calling me names. This forest was the only sanctuary I had, but they ruined that too. They followed me here one day and set it on fire. They escaped, but I got trapped inside. A burning tree fell on top of me. I died, but the goddess of this forest re-incarnated me and turned me into what I am today.” I told my story with confidence, looking each one of them in the eye as much as i could. I could see the terror in their eyes… I loved it.

I walked closer to the red haired one and got face to face with her. I used my power to make a vine slowly start to wrap around her neck. I slowly tightened the vine, watching her face turn to a nice blue and eventually, i watched in awe as her head popped off. I heard the muffled screams of the other three teens as they just witnessed the death of their friend, the thick crimson liquid starting to spill around her body. I think I heard one of them yell what I assume was her name “Brianna”. Oh well, I don’t care for formalities. Now it’s time for the real game to begin.

I let the other three struggle free out of the vines binding them and I laughed as they started to run into the forest.

“You can run but you can’t hide! This is MY FOREST” I yelled then laughed, I haven’t had a good hunt in ages. Luckily they will never be able to escape. Those traps i set were really a magical fence that once you step in… you can never step out. With those up these teens are in a neverending forest.

I started to follow the path that the black haired male ran off to, I did kill the girl who looked like his girlfriend so why not have them get a romantic meeting once again? I’ll make sure that when he gets to her he’ll be in a million pieces. Or maybe I could splice their bodies together with vines, then they can be together forever...

I continued to follow the human’s tracks until eventually they just disappeared. I wonder where he could have gone? This isn't part of the barrier from my traps so he must be around here somewhere.

           I hear slight rustling in the tree above me and then suddenly feel myself fall to the ground. So the human was up in the tree. That's not too bad of a hiding spot, but I still would've found him anyway. This is my forest after all. I got up and kept walking to give the human a false sense of hope then I used my powers to bend the tree to make him fall to the ground. He yelled as he fell, his leg making a sickening crunch as he hit the ground.

“Oh look, the jock is finally the one on the ground all helpless and alone. It’s not a nice feeling is it. To know that you won’t survive, to know that no one will miss you, to know that you’ll never have a future. That was me. I was alone in a burning forest with no one to help me and knowing that even if I did survive no one cared for me. However, now the tables have turned but unfortunately for you, you won’t get the chance to be turned into this beautiful creature like I was.” I said, staring into his terrified blue eyes watching the horror and despair swirl around turning his light blue eyes a shade darker.

“Just let me go, what do you want from us? I promise not to tell anyone” The boy pleaded even though his actions were futile.

"What do I want? Oh poor boy, I want your death". I smiled as I shoved a seed from a tree down his throat and used my powers to make the seed rapidly grow. I watched in awe as a branch protruded out of the front of his chest and the rest of the tree exited through his mouth. It looks like now there's two down and only two more to go...