Chapter 1

I woke up to the sight of the last of the suns rays disappearing over the treetops. Oh how I love the night. It’s so beautiful with it’s brightly lit stars and beautiful glowing moon. I wish I could be up there in the stars instead of this wretched mortal world. It’s filled with too many bad people. They either want to hurt you or they want to kill you. That’s why I purge this world of those people. Some may say I’m a villain, but that’s what happens when you get burned and crushed alive. How am I living then? I got reincarnated as a tree from this forest. Now I seek my revenge on mortals who think they’re high and mighty.

I started to do my nightly walks around the forest activating my special traps along the way. I always have them set up at night. You never know when a mortal becomes curious enough to venture here.

As I set up the last trap I heard rustling and a chorus of laughter. Looks like some mortals got too curious. I quietly made my way towards the origin of the sound and soon came across a clearing. In the centre was a group of four teenagers and a large tent. There were two males. One had blonde hair and the other had brown hair. There were also two females. One had red hair and the other had black hair. They look like stereotypical jocks and cheerleaders. This is going to be fun. I’ll show them to mess with my forest…

As I was about to enter the clearing to deal with the mortals, a sharp pain quickly engulfed my body and I silently fell to the ground. I heard the crack, groan, and crash as one of my trees fell to the ground, and not soon after I felt the heat as they slowly turned one of my precious trees to nothing but ashes.

“So who wants to hear the legend of this forest?” The blonde one said while putting his face closer to the fire.

“Are you sure we should be doing this Richard? People have gone missing in this forest.” The brown haired one said. It’s such a shame I’ll have to kill her, she seems like she doesn’t want to be here.

“Stop being such a scaredy cat Jennifer you’re ruining the fun. Besides, everyone knows people just say that to hide what really happened here.” The red head exclaimed. She looks like the head of the pack. I know who I’m going to kill first, and I know just how to do it.