Chapter 3 - Dad

Poppy's POV

"POPPY! YOU BETTER BE READY FOR SCHOOL!" Adam shouted up the stairs.
"Yea, sorry, i did wake up a bit late, onl-" I was cut off by my brother, Adam, bursting into my room. "When i say, are you ready, the only answer you can give that's acceptable is 'Yes!' Got it?" He screamed
"But my alarm didn"-SLAP. he hits me to the floor, i start crying, and for no reason, im used to it by now. "No buts, okay! Get out of the house now! Or it'll happen again."
He pulls me back up by my hair, gets my hands and gets me to wipe my tears off, a bruise is already starting to form, i know. He pushes me into the bathroom and splashes my face with water, hoping to cool down the size of the bruise. " are you finished? I thought i needed to go?" I push past him. He grabs my wrists twists them until they're about dislocate, he turns and shouts "DONT USE THAT KIND OF TONE WITH ME!" And again, he hits me this time, he kept hold of my wrist, so i wouldn't fall, and so he could push me out of 'his' house. He thinks the house belongs to him and he thinks the same about me. I start walking to meet with liv when i start remembering my dad. My mind isnt the clearest but i still remember most of his funeral.

9 YEARS AGO

The room filled with people sobbing, crying and in destress. "We are here today to celebrate the life of John Stewart, a loved parent, husband and friend." My uncle starts reading the eulogy. I look around. Everyone in black, crying. My mum, sat next to me, grabs my hand and quietly muttering "its okay, its going to be okay, i get through." Over and over. My brother on the left watching carefully, and listening to every word about his father. And nodding along as though he was promising to become the 'man' of the house hold. This meant looking after me and mum.

PRESENT DAY

Im only young, now i am fatherless and i my as well be motherless too. Ever since dad took his life she became depressed, i have to keep reminding her it wasn't her fault;but she doesn't listen to me. However Adam has started getting more aggressive, mums suggested anger management and he slapped her, she didn't do anything as she feels like she deserves it, i want this to stop, i want my dad back. He always took me to the
park and let me feed the ducks, now whenever i go to the park, I can't go near them or ill cry. My only good memories are with my dad and i want him back, i would give anything for him to come back, but sadly the world doesn't work like that and miracles don't exist. I do like to think he is always watching out for me and still loves me but...i stop believing that whenever Adam blames me for dads death, he said since i was born it was too much, but dad left me a note and he explained everything to me so i know non of whet Adam says is ever true. Non of my friends know about this, they just think my dad left us, i hate crying in front of them, or even discussing any sad topics as i feel like its my responsibility to make sure everyone is happy, it's difficult sometimes when i don't feel like smiling sometimes.