- Chapter Ten -

//Double update???? I'm surprised as well. Anyways- I had prewritten this chapter and wanted to get it to you guys ASAP! So here you go! :)

Chapter 10: Boss Fight

———

"Y/n... Todoroki?"

"My name is Zero."

———

"... Todoroki?" You echoed. "What?"

"Of course you wouldn't know, growing up with that damned F/n instead of us." Endeavor growled. "Y/n, you are my daughter."

You could hear the breath catch in Dabi's throat, though you couldn't tell what he was surprised for.

This was your life that was falling apart, after all.

"I-I... no, no, I can't... I can't be! I don't... I don't look like you..."

You looked down at your shaky hands, then back up at the man that was towering over you.

"... Do I?"

"Zero," Shigiraki pleaded. "Zero, come over here. I don't think he's being honest. This is all just a game to him. Zero. Zero, you're playing right into his hand."

But you were frozen to the spot, eyes glued to your hands, racking your brain for any ways you could look even a little bit like the man in front of you.

"Did you know that your hair looks a little red when you use your quirk?" Momo had said with a smile. "It's really pretty."

"What about my mom? I have... I have a super similar quirk to hers, and... your wife, it's not... it doesn't line up."

"Simple. We were trying for a half-and-half. I was just heightening my chances."

"So my mom is my actual mom? But my dad-"

"Is not your father."

Shock. Overwhelming, torturous, painful, shock.

Your entire life was a lie.

You started shaking, tears blurring your vision. It took everything in you to not crumple to the floor and begin sobbing.

Dabi and Toga stood on both of your sides, Shigiraki, Twice, Spinner, and Compress behind you. You knew that if you fell they would catch you; they were your family. You didn't need anyone else.

So why did you feel like your heart was being ripped out and stomped on by everything this man- everything your father- was saying?

"Yaoyorozu misses you." Endeavor said suddenly, breaking the eerie silence that had settled over the group as you stood there, life torn to shreds.

Your eyes widened at the mention of your ex-lover. You looked up at him again, tears threatening to spill down your face as you shook. "Really?"

"Yes. Aizawa and the rest of your class does, too. Including Shoto. Your brother. Come home, Y/n."

"I... I can't... I mean, um, I want that, more than anythin-"