A Thousand Years

Luke

I felt like I was dying inside. This pain I felt was unbearable. I felt like this was my fault. I feel like I should have done more to try and remember Michael before that night, but nothing ever triggered my memory. Not even him.

I looked at Calum in the waiting room. He sat alone in the corner, away from me, and away from Ash. Ashton was at the other side of the room, anxiously tapping his feet, waiting for any news.

I decided to walk over to Calum. I sat next to him, and he didnt even look.

"Why are you near me." He asked.

I sighed, and grabbed his hand. I felt him shudder in pain.

"Because I want you to know that I care about you and your my best friend."

He looked up. "I ruined this. I ruined your relationship with Michael, and our friendship. Im sorry, Luke. Im so fucking sorry."

I nodded. "I know you are. I know your pissed at yourself. But, things are meant to happen. Its okay, Cal. I forgive you."

Cal just shook his head. "No.., you cant forgive me."

I nodded. "I can. I can forgive you. Its fine."

Calum took a deep breath. I could tell he didnt really like me. He just thought he did. I think he realized it too.

"Thank you." Cal said.

Suddenly, the nurse walked in.

"Michael is perfectly fine. We got it out of his system, and hes awake now. He should be ready to go in a few hours. One person at a time for visiting."

Ash sighed of relief, as did I. Turns out, Calum didnt want to see him, he wanted to go home and think. He lied, telling us he didnt feel well. I feel bad for him, though, doing something that in a way could have ended a persons life...

In a way, I bet he thinks he caused all of this. He was driving that car, he sent Michael to the hospital...damn. He must feel terrible, like there was a waiting death in his heart that one more tragic event was going to break him.

I let Ashton visit Michael first, because I wanted to have more time to see him. I want to be his ray of sunshine before he leaved this sad, dark, depressing building that wrecks lives each day.

--

Ashton

I needed to tell Michael. How I felt, what to do, ask him everything. I thanked Luke for letting me go first.

I walked into Michael's room, expecting the worst, but in reality, Michael looked like himself, watching reality tv.

"Damn, they have nice asses. Not better than Luke's though." He laughed to himself.

I looked at the tv. "Kardashians? Really?"

Michael nodded laughing. "Even the brother has a nice butt."

I started laughing, as I walked over to hug him. "You good, mate?" I asked, and Michael nodded.

My doubt of him not supporting me died down, and I knew that he would.

"Michael," I said bravely, "I need to tell you something."

Michael smiled. "Anything."

I took a deep breath. "I..."

Michael looked at me, and smiled goofily.
"You have herpes? You shit yourself? You got drumstucks stuck in your ass? Your in love with me?" He laughed, as did I.