Chapter One: Party Tricks

Izuku adjusted his coat as he raced through the people. He sighed, checking his watch and stepping out of the crowd.

  "I'm gonna be late.." he muttered, glancing around.

  Nobody was paying attention to the small greenette at the back of the crowd.

  Izuku grabbed the hem of his jacket, spinning in a circle and enveloping himself in the material.

  Izuku lowered the jacket's edge and speed walked through his school's gates.

  "Made it.." he sighed, slumping into his chair.

  Most of the day's classes were pretty boring. They were given their new timetables, the new curriculums were handed out, blah blah. Standard first day of school stuff.

  Izuku glanced at the clock, thankful he only had an hour left of this hell.

  "I could pass out these career planning forms.. but I know you all want to be heroes!!" The teacher said.

  Oh yeah. Career planning. They were doing that now, huh.

  Izuku almost groaned when the irritating Blasty boy stood up on his chair.

  "Hey teach. Don't lump me in with the rest of these losers! They'd be lucky to end up as a sidekick to some busted D-lister!" Bakugo said.

  "Ah, you're going to UA, right Bakugo? Well I wish you luck." The teacher said.

  "Hey, Bakugo, don't get so full of yourself!!"

  "Shut it you rejects! I'm going to be the number one hero! Everyone will know my name, and it all starts with UA high!!" Bakugo yelled.

  "Oh right, Midoriya, didn't you want to go to UA too?" Their teacher said.

  The rest of the class immediately burst out laughing.

  "Midoriya?? Seriously? What are you going to do, throw bunnies at the villains?"

  "Deku!!" Bakugo roared, blasting his desk.

  "You're even worse than the rest of these rejects!!" He said.

  Izuku rolled his eyes.

  "All his quirk lets him do is pull his eyeballs out. And his fingers just stretch. My quirk at least has some practical application to hero work." Izuku stated blankly.

  Bakugo was prevented from releasing another explosion by the teacher. The rest of the day dragged on for Izuku, until finally, he could leave.

  Bakugo lunged for his notebook as he was packing away, but Izuku waved his hand between the blonde and the book.

  Bakugo growled when he saw the notebook was gone.

  "Don't even think about applying for UA, got it?" He said, stalking away.

  Izuku sighed, waving his hand over his open bag and making his notebook appear inside.

  He walked out of class, down the hall and outside.

  Izuku decided to take a risky shortcut home, hoping to change and train as long as possible before dinner.

  Izuku speed walked beneath an underpass, not noticing the sludge oozing out of the manhole in his hurry.

  He spun around when a shadow fell over him, staring in awe up at the massive sludge villain.

  "H-hi there.." he stuttered.

  "A medium sized skin suit, perfect to hide in! I didn't think HE would be here." The villain said.

  "Wait, wait." Izuku said, surprising the sludge.